Silverado ZR2 Payload & Towing

supersix

Administrator
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the ZR2 will have at least 1500 pounds of payload capacity and 10,000 pound tow rating.

Last edited:
I was close!

Chevy says the max payload of the Silverado ZR2 is 1,440 pounds and the conventional trailer weight rating is 8,900 pounds.

Not bad! I do a lot of work with my 5.0L V8 Supercharged F150 and the payload on it is 1,500lbs and towing of about 10,000lbs. I really don't like towing more than 8,000lbs with it, not because of power, but because the truck just doesn't feel heavy enough out front to give me 100% confidence in driving anything over 70 mph.

The 2021 Ford F150 Raptor payload is 1,400lbs and max towing is 8,200lbs for reference.

I was close!

Chevy says the max payload of the Silverado ZR2 is 1,440 pounds and the conventional trailer weight rating is 8,900 pounds.
New to the forum guys so bear with me. Just wondering where to go to see towing results from real users. Looking at a 2023 ZR2 and I have a 7000 travel trailer and weight distribution hitch. Will the truck handle that well? Thanks for all and any help.

New to the forum guys so bear with me. Just wondering where to go to see towing results from real users. Looking at a 2023 ZR2 and I have a 7000 travel trailer and weight distribution hitch. Will the truck handle that well? Thanks for all and any help.
“Handle it” is a personal interpretation/ expectation. It will handle it generally speaking, that’s within the specs of its published towing parameters…but given the spool valve shocks it could feel a bit “mushier” than a normal half ton under certain circumstances and they do squat a bit more based on my experience.

air bags will help as well, numerous guys on here have gone that route and can chime in. An HD is the guaranteed route to ensure you are happy with pulling / handling 👍

Thank you for your reply. Just curious on any members inputs that tow with the 1500 ZR2. The weight distribution hitch im sure helps. Watched a YouTube with a guy pulling a 4700 lb trailer with no distribution hitch and he was pretty satisfied with the performance. Just trying to figure out, like you say, go to HD or for what little I do tow, or stay with a better ride overall and just deal with the mush/squat when I do tow. Thanks again. PS Great state Missouri. Used to live there years ago!

Completely understand, it’s always the tough decision. I’ve always been a guy that prefers to have more than I need vs push the limits. Or, just have a 1500 and HD 😉

Here is a towing thread that should help give you some insight. Plenty of guys around that you can reach out to directly that I’m confident can give insight.

Missouri born and raised, been good to me 👍

Completely understand, it’s always the tough decision. I’ve always been a guy that prefers to have more than I need vs push the limits. Or, just have a 1500 and HD 😉

Here is a towing thread that should help give you some insight. Plenty of guys around that you can reach out to directly that I’m confident can give insight.

Missouri born and raised, been good to me 👍

Thank you sir! Yes both would be ideal.... just don't want to split all my assets. ha ha

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back