Small vibration at highway speeds

CanZr2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Had the balance checked and fixed on the tires at the dealer. Picked it up in the morning when it was about 7 degrees C out and took the truck immediately out on the highway; it drove nice and smooth and after about 10 minutes a small tiny vibration comes in. Its not even really a vibe, more like a small jitter you can feel in the steering wheel. Maybe when things get up to temperature, and tolerances become tighter this happens, and with everything being new and breaking in is what I'm thinking. 1100 km on it.

Or...its just the somewhat knobby tires working themselves in. I've never drove anything with this type of tire before. More of an annoyance at this point. Dealer said to drive it more, could be dead spot on the tires from being transported all the way up here to Canada from Mexico

Im sure it will go away and Im not worried about it, and its only on the highway 110 km/h and up....

Anyone else have a similar issue?

New here. Picked up my ZR2 4 days ago. I haven't noticed any vibration and think that the ride is quite nice on stock equipment when compared to my prior ride. My last truck (totaled on xmas eve) was an F150 that came with Lariat trim but my after market work included 20x9 Fuel Wheels with A/T 33" tires -12 offset. The ride wasn't great, particularly up over 60-65 mph, and a lot of road noise at all speeds. If your wheels are balanced and aligned, I would expect this is simply a tradeoff of having this model and trim.

@CanZr2 this ever work out or you end up getting tires rebalanced? I feel that same right at 70mph.
Its still there slightly, but its getting better the more I drive the truck. I only have 2000 km on it so far. Like I mentioned, I think its probably flat spotted tires, and maybe a little bit of bearing after everything warms up and tolerances get tighter; a new vehicle with tight tolerances being shipped by rail/truck all the way from Mexico to Canada I can see something like that happening.

I had the tires force balanced and it helped. The rears were actually out; the dealer and myself were kinda miffed that GM would send a vehicle out with the tires not being properly balanced. Anyway, I had this with my 2017, and it was worse, but it eventually went away.

Last edited:
I starting having the vibration come and go at around 65 to 70 mph. I have scheduled the dealer to do a road force balance on all 4 corners. I really doubt that is it though. It feels more like a drive shaft issue but we will see. Other than that no other issues so far.

Mine is slowly going away, and is almost unnoticeable now anyway when I do feel it. Im just being picking I think, and I think the road surface has something to do with it; we have horrible roads up here due to the cold. Im confident it will eventually go away as i out more miles on it.

Its still there slightly, but its getting better the more I drive the truck. I only have 2000 km on it so far. Like I mentioned, I think its probably flat spotted tires, and maybe a little bit of bearing after everything warms up and tolerances get tighter; a new vehicle with tight tolerances being shipped by rail/truck all the way from Mexico to Canada I can see something like that happening.

I had the tires force balanced and it helped. The rears were actually out; the dealer and myself were kinda miffed that GM would send a vehicle out with the tires not being properly balanced. Anyway, I had this with my 2017, and it was worse, but it eventually went away.

I just had mine in the shop and believe it was fixed. They said they updated the transmission control module. Fixed the surging and the slight vibration at 70mph.

I starting having the vibration come and go at around 65 to 70 mph. I have scheduled the dealer to do a road force balance on all 4 corners. I really doubt that is it though. It feels more like a drive shaft issue but we will see. Other than that no other issues so far.
Did the force balance help?

Most Member Reactions

Back