Wrangler Vibration

Ride'n High

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced high speed vibration above 60mph on the stock tires? My 2022 now has 2,000 miles. The dealer has road forced balanced all tires, replaced three with flat spots. Everything is smooth up to about 60mph. At 70mph, the dash is shaking, the heads-up display is vibrating, and the ride is quite uncomfortable. Gets worse as speed increases. Seems to me that a $70K vehicle should be able to cruise at highway speeds without undue vibration.

I drive mine on the highway regularly, smooth as butter - stock tires and rims. I’ve accidentally even found myself upwards of 85-90 when passing without any vibrations at all. Sounds like your dealer needs to start digging some more.

Has anyone experienced high speed vibration above 60mph on the stock tires? My 2022 now has 2,000 miles. The dealer has road forced balanced all tires, replaced three with flat spots. Everything is smooth up to about 60mph. At 70mph, the dash is shaking, the heads-up display is vibrating, and the ride is quite uncomfortable. Gets worse as speed increases. Seems to me that a $70K vehicle should be able to cruise at highway speeds without undue vibration.
that sucks and im gonna say not normal. my ZR2 rides like a caddy on pillows on the highway....no joke. zero shimmy or sway. i traded my 21 Denali 1500 in for this truck and there is no diff. city driving not as good. i opened mine up, it peaked at 94 mph and no probs. check your driveshaft.

Mine rides great. One thing I've noticed is that mine has a vibration when I have my bed cover installed. I have a soft roll up cover and when it's rolled up, the truck rides great. When it's covering the bed, the truck has a noticeable vibration.

Update to my original post. The dealer replaced the Wrangler tires with Michelin Defeneders. What a difference! The vibration is gone, the ride is smoother, much quieter and my fuel consumption has decreased a good 2+ mpg! My dealer was fantastic in following through and solving the problem at their cost. The GM rep would do nothing to resolve the problem.

Update to my original post. The dealer replaced the Wrangler tires with Michelin Defeneders. What a difference! The vibration is gone, the ride is smoother, much quieter and my fuel consumption has decreased a good 2+ mpg! My dealer was fantastic in following through and solving the problem at their cost. The GM rep would do nothing to resolve the problem.
great news.

Glad it worked out!

What model, do they look like and AT tire or road tire?

I've run several Defenders on my wife's Tahoes and they are great tires.

Yea, this sounds strange...I still have stock wheel/tires on my refreshed and its smoooth. I'm lifting it 3 1/2 inches and sticking 35's on 20's in a few days so we'll see what happens : )

are the michelline defenders road AT or mud tires ... I think the stock tires are def more of an off road to fit the look of the truck

With brand new vehicle, I used to feel it sometimes but not sure if was tires or roads. Haven't driven much on highway for a while (@ 1000 miles so far) but may be driving this weekend and will keep an eye on it.

But at least I am getting good mileage in city @17-18 mpg. I am guessing new tire (wear) have leveled out.

Great! Were these replaced under warranty?

Smooth as silk. My RST had that at 55-60 it was because one if the weights on the back of the drive shaft fell off. That might be the problem not the tires

Reactions: AXE
I've never had tires that couldn't balance up pretty well. I run a lot of oversized heavy AT and MT tires.

On one set of Toyo MTs, I had them static balance them, then break the beads and put in some balance beads. Put 40K on them and never balanced them again, just did rotations. Gotta keep all your other hardware in spec, or you'll never do it.

Glad it worked out!

What model, do they look like and AT tire or road tire?

I've run several Defenders on my wife's Tahoes and they are great tires.
I had these on my last truck. Awesome tires, but look like a standard truck tire and no aggressive look. If you are after looks, this is not your tire.

I had these on my last truck. Awesome tires, but look like a standard truck tire and no aggressive look. If you are after looks, this is not your tire.
Yeah they look good on SUVs work nice wheels. I have them on a Ram 2500 that we use for towing and higher mileage. I never run mine more than about 40k, but you could get 50k.

Most Member Reactions

Back