Spare tire replacement

Myrick

Reaction score
Gm dud the right thing and replaced the spare tire and rock chipped rim I was surprised that the dealership had a rim also but nice knowing that if you escalate the warranty process that they will do the right thing. Now where to keep it so it doesn't happen again

Attachments

• 20240102_104152.jpg
    20240102_104152.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240102_105434.jpg
    20240102_105434.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 35
That's a nice set up. I was thinking of having a thin plate bigger than the tire made to sit between the frame and the tire just for something for the tire to rest flat on And then protect the spare like u did

Does the spare fit if flipped upside down? That's about as much effort as I would want to put into it.

I changed tires first day. The spare is nice though because if you do damage a rim just use the spare wheel after taking the tire off and buy a cheaper wheel (with lug nut compatibility or get extra lugs) put the tire back on for a spare.

I have done this before several times when I carried oversized tire and rim in a bed mount (always bought 5 wheels and tires) and it worked. I always laugh when I see mall crawler trucks with larger tires and the smaller spare is under the bed. They are about looking cool or so they think. Poor goobers will learn the hard way at some point.

Does the spare fit if flipped upside down? That's about as much effort as I would want to put into it.
I haven't actually tried it, but from the looks and some quick measurements the hoist with spring load and T bracket is way too long to pull the tire into position if the tire is upside down, with the setup I have put together the T bracket pulls on the spare protector at the metal ring insert so it never touches the rim at all anymore.

Most Member Reactions

Back