Speedometer Update / Tuner Options

gjkosecki

Reaction score
I spoke with Hypertech and Rough Country this week about tuner options to no avail. Hypertech said several months (whatever that means) and rough country said a Speedo calibrator is in works. Waiting for Pulsar to reply on my latest request for an update on these refreshed 6.2L trucks.

Seriously debating the supercharger if I knew I could get speedometer corrected at same time to get shift points correct. I know seems wildly out of cost comparison, but don’t want to go that long without correct tune/calibration. And honestly a fun excuse to supercharge the truck.

Anyone else have updates or insights on any tuner options for these trucks?

Reactions: AXE
I spoke with Hypertech and Rough Country this week about tuner options to no avail. Hypertech said several months (whatever that means) and rough country said a Speedo calibrator is in works. Waiting for Pulsar to reply on my latest request for an update on these refreshed 6.2L trucks.

Seriously debating the supercharger if I knew I could get speedometer corrected at same time to get shift points correct. I know seems wildly out of cost comparison, but don’t want to go that long without correct tune/calibration. And honestly a fun excuse to supercharge the truck.

Part of the whipple/pax systems is a hardware level unlock for tuning. It’s expensive. Around 3 grand.

No handheld device exists that can break encryption untethered without hardware level modifications.

That being said, The MDI is capable of speedometer adjustments and final drive changes.

Yeah on past vehicles didn’t mind doing the ECM swap for tuning/updates - if that’s what is required.

I just got an email today from HP Tuners has launched their global b unlock and full tuning. Just posted about it in a new thread I started. Currently waiting to hear from my tuner to see how quick I can get it tuned. I will be posting more in the thread soon as I hear anything. However this would allow you to fix all the above stated problems.

Last edited:
I just got an email today from HP Tuners has launched their global b unlock and full tuning. Just posted about it in a new thread I started. Currently waiting to hear from my tuner to see how quick I can get it tuned. I will be posting more in the thread soon as I hear anything. However this would allow you to fix all the above stated problems.
Talked to HP today and it looks like it’s going to run about $2300 (after ECM swap, credits, adaptor, etc.) at a authorized dealer to get the tune done. Seems like a lot, but not sure any other choice.

My hope is this is the beginning and others are close to breaking the ECM and getting more affordable options available.

Talked to HP today and it looks like it’s going to run about $2300 (after ECM swap, credits, adaptor, etc.) at a authorized dealer to get the tune done. Seems like a lot, but not sure any other choice.

My hope is this is the beginning and others are close to breaking the ECM and getting more affordable options available.
Yeah that seems pretty steep unless you're really looking to get something out of the motor.

May as well have Pax add the supercharger and have them tune it.

I think I am talked into the supercharger. Haha. I have never done that to a truck, but think I’m going to go for it. 650 hp won’t hurt when my lift and tires are installed soon!

There is a company in Michigan doing a supercharger too that looks solid and they have HP tuning as an option. Magnuson https://magnusonsuperchargers.com/products/l250?_pos=1&_sid=5987b49d0&_ss=r

Oh and just in case anyone has a ZR2 in Michigan and wants the HP authorized dealer list here it is.

These are all the shops in Michigan that can help you!

Nostrum Energy
Pandemyk Performance LLC
Katech
LPE Assets
Nostrum High Performance
Magnuson Superchargers

I think I am talked into the supercharger. Haha. I have never done that to a truck, but think I’m going to go for it. 650 hp won’t hurt when my lift and tires are installed soon!

There is a company in Michigan doing a supercharger too that looks solid and they have HP tuning as an option. Magnuson https://magnusonsuperchargers.com/products/l250?_pos=1&_sid=5987b49d0&_ss=r
I want one too! This is the last hurrah before we're piping in sound! Time is short and we need to act!

There will be more coming available soon. However HP is all I have ever used on my previous builds, so it’s no big deal to me. What I plan on doing it a full DOD/DFM delete with cam and valve train. I have had supercharged trucks in the past. Even daily ones for five years that had 600hp. The zr2 is to nice for me to turn into a full drag truck and I know that’s what I would try to do if I supercharge it. I’ll buy another single cab to do that with. I know however with the cam and tune will allow me to out run most of the things I run Into on the roads where I’m from lol. Best of all I’ll have a truck that will last a lifetime and never have to worry about lifter failures, along with better fuel economy. I have know doubts with a few small thing we can get 515hp ish out of these engines and not drop 7k - 8k on a supercharger. I would be more than happy with that and not have 650hp. I’ll save up for the single cab.

Hear a few pics of my last build. We did a full build and whipple supercharger. It put 600hp to wheels. I daily drove it for five years.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpeg
    IMG_0086.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0087.jpeg
    IMG_0087.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0085.mov
    795.9 KB
Lift is Monday - will talk to the shop after and see what their interest is to help - buy me some time until ready to give my truck up 2 weeks for the install and ecm swap….the one part that sucks.

I used Trifecta Performance for my Colorado ZR2. They were able to tune it for my aftermarket exhaust, re-gear, and larger tires. It came with eco and sports tunes and kept all my factory options.

I tried the hypertech solution for gearing and tires size and but it disabled my cruise control.

It looks like Trifecta supports our 6.2s for just under $1300

I used Trifecta Performance for my Colorado ZR2. They were able to tune it for my aftermarket exhaust, re-gear, and larger tires. It came with eco and sports tunes and kept all my factory options.

I tried the hypertech solution for gearing and tires size and but it disabled my cruise control.

It looks like Trifecta supports our 6.2s for just under $1300

Not sure if that covers the 2023 Silverado ZR2, but will look into it. Per Trifectas website it stops at 2022s, but interested if it does.

I'd call and double check with Trifecta. They seem to get into them pretty quick

Most Member Reactions

Back