Sport mode

It's just a Y pipe with a valve on it that diverts some of the exhaust through a different section of the muffler. not sure what it looks like inside the muffler.

It's just a Y pipe with a valve on it that diverts some of the exhaust through a different section of the muffler. not sure what it looks like inside the muffler.
A "true" sport mode exhaust outlet totally bypasses the muffler when the valve is open so you are having it sound like a straight pipe set-up...just spewing into the air. I would feel confident in saying that GM didn't do that because that would be LOUD!

Minus the exhaust hardware, just the shift points and throttle response.
GM will never, IMPO, send out an OTA to install Sport Mode into a 22-23 ZR2. We all know what it is, and the ability to control the exhaust valve. No reason for GM to do it and I strongly doubt they will. They have enough shit that's broken that needs fixing ;)

Minus the exhaust hardware, just the shift points and throttle response.
GM will never, IMPO, send out an OTA to install Sport Mode into a 22-23 ZR2. We all know what it is, and the ability to control the exhaust valve. No reason for GM to do it and I strongly doubt they will. They have enough shit that's broken that needs fixing ;)
You are right. Their updates have caused issues for many already. Sports mode may be more than just a software change (i.e. electronic hardware too).

After I bought my vehicle, I thought they may add Baja mode similar to one in Colorado (via update), but with time, I learnt that it was way too much of an expectation :D

Most Member Reactions

Back