Sport mode

It's just a Y pipe with a valve on it that diverts some of the exhaust through a different section of the muffler. not sure what it looks like inside the muffler.

It's just a Y pipe with a valve on it that diverts some of the exhaust through a different section of the muffler. not sure what it looks like inside the muffler.
A "true" sport mode exhaust outlet totally bypasses the muffler when the valve is open so you are having it sound like a straight pipe set-up...just spewing into the air. I would feel confident in saying that GM didn't do that because that would be LOUD!

Wonder if the sports mode can be retro-fitted to the '22 & '23's via OTA? :unsure:

Minus the exhaust hardware, just the shift points and throttle response.
GM will never, IMPO, send out an OTA to install Sport Mode into a 22-23 ZR2. We all know what it is, and the ability to control the exhaust valve. No reason for GM to do it and I strongly doubt they will. They have enough shit that's broken that needs fixing ;)

Minus the exhaust hardware, just the shift points and throttle response.
GM will never, IMPO, send out an OTA to install Sport Mode into a 22-23 ZR2. We all know what it is, and the ability to control the exhaust valve. No reason for GM to do it and I strongly doubt they will. They have enough shit that's broken that needs fixing ;)
You are right. Their updates have caused issues for many already. Sports mode may be more than just a software change (i.e. electronic hardware too).

After I bought my vehicle, I thought they may add Baja mode similar to one in Colorado (via update), but with time, I learnt that it was way too much of an expectation :D

Most Member Reactions

Back