Steering stabilizer

You just don’t get it… I have said it’s a great truck. I have Kyphoscoliosis and that lower lumbar just hits me in all the wrong places. If I can invest in some softer riding torsion bars (which should allow some more flex) and it help with my particular issue, then I’m good. They will be here next week. If they don’t help, my new seat will be recovered with the factory upper and lower covers by mid May. I have stated my personal issues more than once. I will stop right here….

I don't always give medical advice over the Internet, but I'll make an exception this one time.

If you got that kind back pain, look into getting one of these devices. My Dad had one put in at 78 years old and he jumps around like he's 55 again. He broke his back after getting bucked off a horse when we were breaking him. Had certain level of pain for four decades. He finally had this done and it has been incredible for him. There was another older gentleman at the doctor that said he couldn't walk 200 feet and could now do whatever he wanted.

I don't always give medical advice over the Internet, but I'll make an exception this one time.

If you got that kind back pain, look into getting one of these devices. My Dad had one put in at 78 years old and he jumps around like he's 55 again. He broke his back after getting bucked off a horse when we were breaking him. Had certain level of pain for four decades. He finally had this done and it has been incredible for him. There was another older gentleman at the doctor that said he couldn't walk 200 feet and could now do whatever he wanted.

Thank you but this won’t help what I have. I have a condition from birth never seen before and no one wants to touch it. That’s why I live the best life I can live today!

Reactions: AXE
Sorry to hear that! Maybe with some of the genetic procedures and sciences that are coming along you can find healing. Treating symptoms isn't much of a solution, our medical profession has primarily been that way for decades.

I hope you find a solution to the rough riding truck your experiencing. I just think you're starting with a baseline that is gonna be very hard to overcome.

Sorry to hear that! Maybe with some of the genetic procedures and sciences that are coming along you can find healing. Treating symptoms isn't much of a solution, our medical profession has primarily been that way for decades.

I hope you find a solution to the rough riding truck your experiencing. I just think you're starting with a baseline that is gonna be very hard to overcome.
Naw man…I have said a few times. I literally took the seat out of my 2023 Tahoe HC with less than 2k miles on it and put it in the Z. It rode like a different truck. That lumbar adjustment is all the difference in the world. Next time you get near a later High Country, retract the lumbar fully then press in on the lower portion of the seat back about 2”from the seat bottom. You will see the factory seat has a very stiff foam lumbar built in that sticks out versus the High country seat that is flat. The only issue I had was the air bag light illuminated on the dash.

Naw man…I have said a few times. I literally took the seat out of my 2023 Tahoe HC with less than 2k miles on it and put it in the Z. It rode like a different truck. That lumbar adjustment is all the difference in the world. Next time you get near a later High Country, retract the lumbar fully then press in on the lower portion of the seat back about 2”from the seat bottom. You will see the factory seat has a very stiff foam lumbar built in that sticks out versus the High country seat that is flat. The only issue I had was the air bag light illuminated on the dash.
My Wife drives a 23 Tahoe HC. It's all the same to me, but the HC leather is nicer feel. I've driven it on a few 500 mile round trips. I'll be honest, if I was you and your condition, I'd be driving a different rig. Also the Escalade, Infiniti, and Lexus full size SUVsc are superb in terms of comfort. Lifted HD trucks wouldn't even make my top 20.

I carry a Glock 29, a 1911 Officer .45ACP, or Sig P938 Legion. They provide a lot of lumbar support, so I don't feel it much in lower back.

Last edited:
Yep. Sorry about that. Hate that happened as I’m a brand new member. I’m a long time GM fan and really like this truck. Everything I can do to make it more comfortable and make parts live I will do! I’m kind of tired of owning High Country trucks and having to modify them! Personally I think GM knocked it out of the park with this 2500hd with the wheel wells and other features. I actually took the seat out of my 23 Tahoe HC last Saturday and installed it in this truck and it’s a game changer! I will leave it at that! I will post pics when it happens 👍👍👍
That’s where I am as well. These zr2s are so close to what I’ve always tried to “build” over the years…I’ll likely be moving from the 1500 to 2500 model soon. I’ve got too many trucks and looking to consolidate…or so the wife says!

(I started my HD duramax journey with an 06 LBZ and have had more than I care to admit since then…actually building an 06 LBZ again as they are one of my favorites, thinking I’ll hold onto it and the new HD zr2 version longer term).

Great to hear the positive feedback on these HDs in general.

Lol, I wasn't trying to start some huge debate.

My ZR2 drives and rides great now. I didn't feel that way before. Maybe because I logged 20k miles in my 1500 ZR2. So maybe my expectations were high. I just didn't love the way my HD drove or rode. These three upgrades made a huge difference to me. Personally I just fix something if I don't like it or it doesn't do what I want. I figured out how to put airbags on my 1500. Also figured out how to replace the whole stereo. I added onboard air to both trucks. I drive my truck everyday. My HD has 4500 miles on it after 4 months. I pull trailers, I haul tools, ladders and material for work. I also just drive it empty like a car, lol. I pulled my tractor with it yesterday infact.

Anyone who is happy with theirs, Obviously probably isn't interested in these upgrades. But if you think the handling is lacking some. These are worth a try IMO.

Lol, I wasn't trying to start some huge debate.

My ZR2 drives and rides great now. I didn't feel that way before. Maybe because I logged 20k miles in my 1500 ZR2. So maybe my expectations were high. I just didn't love the way my HD drove or rode. These three upgrades made a huge difference to me. Personally I just fix something if I don't like it or it doesn't do what I want. I figured out how to put airbags on my 1500. Also figured out how to replace the whole stereo. I added onboard air to both trucks. I drive my truck everyday. My HD has 4500 miles on it after 4 months. I pull trailers, I haul tools, ladders and material for work. I also just drive it empty like a car, lol. I pulled my tractor with it yesterday infact.

Anyone who is happy with theirs, Obviously probably isn't interested in these upgrades. But if you think the handling is lacking some. These are worth a try IMO.
Definitely appreciated the insight, made the mental note for when I move from the 1500 to 2500. I love the 1500 “feel” but the 2500 is more useful for my needs so thanks for posting this info. Seems like a relative easy “upgrade”.

Definitely appreciated the insight, made the mental note for when I move from the 1500 to 2500. I love the 1500 “feel” but the 2500 is more useful for my needs so thanks for posting this info. Seems like a relative easy “upgrade”.

Np, I also loved the way my 1500 drove. I came from a Duramax to the 1500. I tried to make the downsize work. But a HD just fits my needs better. When the HDs got the refresh and the ZR2 treatment, i was pretty sold. Not having to worry about DFM lifters was a big plus too.

Np, I also loved the way my 1500 drove. I came from a Duramax to the 1500. I tried to make the downsize work. But a HD just fits my needs better. When the HDs got the refresh and the ZR2 treatment, i was pretty sold. Not having to worry about DFM lifters was a big plus too.
So here's where I'm at on the 1500 ZR2 suspension now that I've got some seat time on the 2500HD. Also when I drove the Colorado ZR2 Bison, it put it much more in perspective.

The 1500 ZR2 should be firmer, which would make make it more compliant on the trail and offroad, for which it's marketed. Sure it's cushy on your daily commute and light offroading, but it could be firmer so it wouldn't sag with light loads and squat in the rear when you dump on the throttle. My front end gets way too light when I stomp on it and I think the steering is too light. I also think the body rolls too much in the corners. The 1500 needs a rework.

I think the Colorado ZR2 Bison would make quick work of the 1500 offroad because the suspension is dialed in better on that package I'd need more start time to confirm. But it felt a lot more robust. Probably a result of the Chad Hall race program.

That’s where I am as well. These zr2s are so close to what I’ve always tried to “build” over the years…I’ll likely be moving from the 1500 to 2500 model soon. I’ve got too many trucks and looking to consolidate…or so the wife says!

(I started my HD duramax journey with an 06 LBZ and have had more than I care to admit since then…actually building an 06 LBZ again as they are one of my favorites, thinking I’ll hold onto it and the new HD zr2 version longer term).

Great to hear the positive feedback on these HDs in general.
I bought this 2006 GMC LBZ new in 06. I tuned and deleted it immediately. Wound up with a 6-7 BDS lift with Cognito UCA’snd dual Bilstein remote res shocks. We had to make 60” traction bars to eliminate wheel hop. I went through 2 rebuilt transmissions in a short time. Finally found a good resource to build the trans and it’s still going today! We did a home made torque converter and made it very “loose”. It is a very fun truck as well as a back tire killer lol. I have been offered as high 30k for it but I just gave it to my son a few weeks ago! He’s a good kid. He knows he has to give it back to me when/if he gets tired of it (which I doubt happens). That LBZ is a quick spooling motor. The only issues I ever had in all these years was #8 glow plug three times and a water pump which I think was due to sitting. I never thought I would be able to feel the same in another truck but this ZR2 HD is getting me there! As I said, I think Chevy knocked it out with this one! They need to offer the better seats like the AT4 and it would be over!

My son has already put some bearing eating offset wheels on it (pic with air boat)..lol

IMG_9743.jpeg
IMG_5200.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5260.jpeg
    IMG_5260.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9303.jpeg
    IMG_9303.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 6
Hate to say this but the 22 F250 Tremor had seats and seat adjustment including 4 different massaging zones and multiple levels with 3 zones lower, mid, and upper back adjustable support levels leaves GM in the gutter literally.

I bought this 2006 GMC LBZ new in 06. I tuned and deleted it immediately. Wound up with a 6-7 BDS lift with Cognito UCA’snd dual Bilstein remote res shocks. We had to make 60” traction bars to eliminate wheel hop. I went through 2 rebuilt transmissions in a short time. Finally found a good resource to build the trans and it’s still going today! We did a home made torque converter and made it very “loose”. It is a very fun truck as well as a back tire killer lol. I have been offered as high 30k for it but I just gave it to my son a few weeks ago! He’s a good kid. He knows he has to give it back to me when/if he gets tired of it (which I doubt happens). That LBZ is a quick spooling motor. The only issues I ever had in all these years was #8 glow plug three times and a water pump which I think was due to sitting. I never thought I would be able to feel the same in another truck but this ZR2 HD is getting me there! As I said, I think Chevy knocked it out with this one! They need to offer the better seats like the AT4 and it would be over!

My son has already put some bearing eating offset wheels on it (pic with air boat)..lol

View attachment 12187View attachment 12188
All those water pumps went by about 125k. Mine went at 100k. Did the idler arm and pitman arm once. Other than normal maintenance that was the only thing I did on mine. Had 150k on the original brakes when I sold it and the pads still looked fine.

Attachments

• 20140211_174223.jpg
    20140211_174223.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back