Sterling Gray Metallic Silverado 2500 HD ZR2 Photos

supersix

Administrator
Founding Member
Reaction score
The official Chevy Silverado 2500 HD ZR2 Sterling Gray Metallic photo thread!

SterlingGray-2500-HD-ZR2-2.jpg
SterlingGray-2500-HD-ZR2-1.jpg

SterlingGray-2500-HD-ZR2-3.jpg

SterlingGray-2500-HD-ZR2-4.jpg

SterlingGray-2500-HD-ZR2-5.jpg

SterlingGray-2500-HD-ZR2-6.jpg

This truck is on the lot at https://www.capitolchevysj.com/

That's a good-looking silver!

Thats a nice looking rig. Good to see some up close pictures. I really like the overall stance. Just enough lift and wider track on tires. These are the first pictures I've seen where you get a good sense of the height and wheel well clearance.

Ain't a ZR2, but one of the sales guys sent me this Slate Gray one. Looks pretty good, but not sure it's my favorite as far as gray goes.

Attachments

• IMG_5317.jpg
    IMG_5317.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5304.jpg
    IMG_5304.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5305.jpg
    IMG_5305.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 107
I’m assuming they are an option (or can be de-selected). I’m glad to see you can apparently opt out, I prefer the cleaner look on a 2500.

I was debating that, but got them anyway. I hope I don't regret it. Seems like more holes in the roof = more problems. One of the reasons why I hate sunroofs

I’m assuming they are an option (or can be de-selected). I’m glad to see you can apparently opt out, I prefer the cleaner look on a 2500.
They are a DOT requirement from my understanding. No option in the build to "opt out" of them.

Clearance lights may be required in vehicles with certain dimensions, especially 80+ inches wide. That's actually why the Ford Raptor has them in the grill due to width.

Not sure if it's different by state. I've seen them both way around these parts. I don't think these HD ZR2 trucks are 80+ inches, so may be optional.

Alot of guys just like the aesthetics and big rig vibe. See them in duallies!

Last edited:
Clearance lights may be required in vehicles with certain dimensions, especially 80+ inches wide. That's actually why the Ford Raptor has them in the grill due to width.

Not sure if it's different by state. I've seen them both way around these parts. I don't think these HD ZR2 trucks are 80+ inches, so may be optional.

Alot of guys just like the aesthetics and big rig vibe. See them in duallies!

It’s a federal thing. The only option I had was to get them smoked. No option to add or delete. That’s why I was surprised to see it without the DOT required lighting.

It’s a federal thing. The only option I had was to get them smoked. No option to add or delete. That’s why I was surprised to see it without the DOT required lighting.
All 2500 HD trucks do not have clearance lights…the vast majority don’t actually. Unless the ZR2 are wider than the regular 2500 HDs, which I’ve never read, then it’s not required my friend (or at least in some states). And the pics above would validate that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: AXE
They are a DOT requirement from my understanding. No option in the build to "opt out" of them.
I'm pretty sure I toggled mine on and off during order. There was a lot of stuff turning on and off when you picked certain packages. It may have been the package driving that option.

Last edited:
All 2500 HD trucks do not have clearance lights…the vast majority don’t actually. Unless the ZR2 are wider than the regular 2500 HDs, which I’ve never read, then it’s not required my friend (or at least in some states). And the pics above would validate that as well.
Here is the one I ordered. No option to remove the marker lights. I actually wanted the yellow LED smoked marker lights so I have no issue with it.

ZR2HD.jpg

You must have ordered a dulley! Not sure you can trust those renderings. Like Hunt said, they clearly aren't required or they wouldn't be shipping them that way for last 20 years.

Last edited:
You must have ordered a dulley! Not sure you can trust those renderings. Like Hunt said, they clearly aren't required or they wouldn't be shipping them that way for last 20 years.
My build shows smoked marker lights. Code U01. Not sure it’s a part of a package but I ordered nothing out of the ordinary.

Interestingly enough, here's the specs from GM comparo website. They are 81.85 inches wide on ZR2 and other models, so not sure what that 80 inch DOT bullshit is about. It either applies or it doesn't...... maybe not on Mondays and Fridays when the line is doing bong hits and drinking 40s out in the parking lot.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230924_070141_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230924_070141_Chrome.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 12
Maybe it's something to do with the trailering packages and wiring options.

I found this:

In the United States, any vehicle that measures in at over 80 inches wide will fall under commercial vehicle guidelines. These vehicles must come equipped with “three amber front and three red rear identification lamps spaced between 6 and 12 inches apart at the center of the front and rear of the vehicle, as high as practicable,” as per the federal government, but this does not apply to the single-rear-wheel versions of the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD in California.

Yep, just not sure how that is being implemented. I've rarely seen cab lights on HDs, except for duallies.

I do think they look pretty good on the ZR2. Time will tell if I feel about that down the line.

Yep, just not sure how that is being implemented. I've rarely seen cab lights on HDs, except for duallies.

I do think they look pretty good on the ZR2. Time will tell if I feel about that down the line.
I actually like the look of the markers very well now that they are LED and each marker has three bright LEDs within them. I saw them on a 2024 GMC AT4 HD and thought they looked awesome lit up.

Last edited:
You better like 'em, prices are up $1100 as of this weekend. Base price +$1000 and destination +100.........mary needs a new pair of shoes!

Most Member Reactions

Back