Sterling Gray Metallic Silverado 2500 HD ZR2 Photos

Here is the one I ordered. No option to remove the marker lights. I actually wanted the yellow LED smoked marker lights so I have no issue with it.

View attachment 7163
glad you are good, that’s all that matters…but I am confident 2500 HDs don’t have to have roof market lights, simply not a debate for me 😅

That's definitely a gasser cause you can see the smaller exhaust outlet. Still not sure what difference it makes per DOT guidelines if the truck dimensions are the same. Must be more of a GM design/styling decision for ZR2. Until this point, you don't see many 2500s with them. THE GM inventory system shows most 24 2500s LTZ and HCs with no marker lights.

That's definitely a gasser cause you can see the smaller exhaust outlet. Still not sure what difference it makes per DOT guidelines if the truck dimensions are the same. Must be more of a GM design/styling decision for ZR2. Until his point, you don't see many 2500s with them.
At least I know mine will have them along with all others that have ordered 2500 Diesels.

At least I know mine will have them along with all others that have ordered 2500 Diesels.
Incorrect, none of the 24 LTZs or HCs show clearance lights in the inventory. You'll only have them with ZR2 package or if your order them.

Incorrect, none of the 24 LTZs or HCs show clearance lights in the inventory. You'll only have them with ZR2 package or if your order them.
I was referring to the ZR2 since this is a ZR2 forum and everyone's ordering ZR2 HDs.

Reactions: AXE
FWIW I am at my dealer for my freebie oil change. I just walked out and checked out a few 2500 rigs. Some have lights, some don't. Went 1 for 4 on these. Gotta just be a styling thing.

I was walking back inside and a white dually pulled out and it was lit up with clearance lights including rear fender side marker. First dually I've seen and it looked damn good!

Attachments

• 20230926_092741.jpg
    20230926_092741.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230926_092619.jpg
    20230926_092619.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I found more solid info on the roof marker lamps. They are in fact standard equipment on all HD ZR2 trucks. The exception is trucks to California. For some emissions related thing the roof lights are removed on all HD trucks in that market, with the exception of 3500 DRW.

1695942292676.png

I found more solid info on the roof marker lamps. They are in fact standard equipment on all HD ZR2 trucks. The exception is trucks to California. For some emissions related thing the roof lights are removed on all HD trucks in that market, with the exception of 3500 DRW.

View attachment 7270
Good to know, solid research skills! Assuming all HD ZR2s with the duramax? Given the above pic gas truck without them or are they optional and can be removed? The California emissions thing doesn’t make sense, but not much really does anymore in that state.

Reactions: AXE
Good to know, solid research skills! Assuming all HD ZR2s with the duramax? Given the above pic gas truck without them or are they optional and can be removed? The California emissions thing doesn’t make sense, but not much really does anymore in that state.
I can't take all the credit, I'm on another forum as well and there are some guys that have great knowledge/intel over there and they posted it. I just wanted to share. But as I understand it, it doesn't matter if it's gas or diesel in California, they will NOT get roof marker lamps if they are HD trucks, again with the exception of the 3500 DRW. They are available as options on the other trim lines in all other states, except the ZR2 HD where they are standard. I'm not sure why GM decided to make them standard on the ZR2, but if you don't want them you would have to order a truck that is California compliant. For those that really don't want them, it may be worth asking your salesperson if there is a way to make that happen, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to or not.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back