Stock Wheel Well Height

aztechead

Reaction score
Before I tackle adjusting the torsion bars I’d like to cross check my stock measurements.

I’m at 42 3/4 from ground to top of front wheel well. The torsion bolt on the driver side is at about 5/8 and the passenger side is at almost an inch showing.

What measurements do you all have?

Doesn't matter what the bolts measure. Crank it up whatever you need to level it. I would leave the front down 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Do it one turn at at time, use a long handle breaker bar and 12 point socket and center it on the support bar between the frame. That way you'll know exactly how many turns you've done. Measure all four corners before and after on a high quality smooth concrete pad. You want the rears to match and the fronts to match to get it square on each corner.

Two or three turns might do the trick. I did three, four was too much. I left my front about 1/4 inch lower. I also thought my rear sank a tad when the front was loaded.

Thanks for the in depth info AXE. Do we know what the consensus is on stock height from the factory? I’ve seen the 43 inch number thrown around in other forums but I sit lower than that at the moment.

I assume this is true but for those who are reading this after me, does a full turn counter-clockwise net the same drop in height as the clockwise turn nets in height increase?

Your stock height is normal. Mine sits at 42 3\4" and I even have the HD front springs. Like AXE said the bolts depth doesn't matter as long as both sides are at the same height. Every set of bars I've ever looked at has one bolt out more than the other. You go by the actually height not the bolts. But like AXE said. If you do any adjustments, clock the bolts and keep track of what you do. Just so it's easy to go back to stock if you want to. It's also pretty common to have to do more or less per side to keep it level. I raised my old HD a little to clear new tires after it was a few years old. It took almost one full turn on one side than the other to keep it level side to side.

Reactions: AXE
Got everything even on the front. Rears are now 44 and 43 3/4. Within tolerances?

I'm sure +or- 300lbs of fuel on the drivers side could easily effect ride height 1/4"

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back