Subscription

Data package $10 a month on my AT&T cellular account.

I wouldn’t have problem going without if it would keep memory. Every key cycle the speed limit sign shows back up.

Same with dome override. Enabled or not lights come on with the next key cycle. (Amber light on) Lots of software bugs on the 22.5 Z’s. Can’t speak for the 23’s. Hopefully most of the quirks are fixed.

I wouldn’t have problem going without if it would keep memory. Every key cycle the speed limit sign shows back up.

Same with dome override. Enabled or not lights come on with the next key cycle. (Amber light on) Lots of software bugs on the 22.5 Z’s. Can’t speak for the 23’s. Hopefully most of the quirks are fixed.
I pay for the data in my truck but your saying if you don't after you turn the speed limit indicator off it turns back on every time you get back in the truck lol?

I can test this with my 23. Can you expand on the behavior you mentioned?

I can test this with my 23. Can you expand on the behavior you mentioned?
Sure. Settings that are set reset with the key cycle. All MPG average ranges (25,50,450) all start as if reset. Dome override doesn’t keep memory, and the speed limit sign. Radio always defaults to the Home Screen regardless. “Easy exit” seating and steering is non functional.

All can be fixed with what I’m assuming are module updates via the dealer. Will mention all of them when it goes back on the 25th.

Radio was replaced previously. Since replacement I have no “picture in picture” meaning the “side screen” with clock, etc is completely gone and everything (especially CarPlay) is stretched to full width with the button touch zones in the original position as if it was there. Meaning I have to touch a solid inch over from each icon to interact.

It’s been a fantastic truck but the software side of things has been a mess since day 1.

Sure. Settings that are set reset with the key cycle. All MPG average ranges (25,50,450) all start as if reset. Dome override doesn’t keep memory, and the speed limit sign. Radio always defaults to the Home Screen regardless. “Easy exit” seating and steering is non functional.

All can be fixed with what I’m assuming are module updates via the dealer. Will mention all of them when it goes back on the 25th.

Radio was replaced previously. Since replacement I have no “picture in picture” meaning the “side screen” with clock, etc is completely gone and everything (especially CarPlay) is stretched to full width with the button touch zones in the original position as if it was there. Meaning I have to touch a solid inch over from each icon to interact.

It’s been a fantastic truck but the software side of things has been a mess since day 1.
Over the past few days, I didn’t notice any of the odd behaviors with my ‘23. I keep the clock up on the side and my settings seem to stay the way they’ve been set. I’ll continue to observe.

I too would like to be able to use my existing cell phone data plan. I ask the dealer if there was a way to replace the sim card with something other than AT&T, but they didn't know how, and said Onstar just uses AT&T, so probably not. I'm probably going to have to break down pay them.

This part is just me complaining: I asked the Onstar agent specifically what features would be lost if I DIDN'T get the data plan, he said only the hotspot sharing, everything else is part of Onstar. Turns out it's way more than just that. Hotspot, Speed limit, "Hey Google" and message readout/response, mapping and directions, mapping on the HUD, and several other little things. It's fine, most of that works with Android Auto. I think I'm more likely to pay for the internet package than Onstar.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back