Tailgate Decal Options

RecoveringRaptorGuy

Reaction score
Drawing some inspiration from the new upcoming 2023 Colorado ZR2 Desert Boss, I just had some custom tailgate decals installed that some of you might want to consider.

Attachments

• ZR2_Rear Quarter.jpg
    ZR2_Rear Quarter.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 490
  • ZR2_Rear.jpg
    ZR2_Rear.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 206
Drawing some inspiration from the new upcoming 2023 Colorado ZR2 Desert Boss, I just had some custom tailgate decals installed that some of you might want to consider.
Looks nice if that's your thing. I thought about putting a subtle ZR2 decal on the rear panel closer to the bed rail where you have 4X4 and decided against it. For me, less is more. I also debadged my Silverado on the tailgate to clean it up a bit. I think the less decals and badging the better. Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your ZR2 my friend!

Looks nice if that's your thing. I thought about putting a subtle ZR2 decal on the rear panel closer to the bed rail where you have 4X4 and decided against it. For me, less is more. I also debadged my Silverado on the tailgate to clean it up a bit. I think the less decals and badging the better. Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your ZR2 my friend!
Me too. My truck came with the blacked out emblems. So the tailgate lettering is black, along with the ZR2 badge. I left off the Silverado emblem. The fender ZR2 badges are also black,

What method do you use for debadging? I have a few approaches I’ve tried over the years but always looking for new techniques.

What method do you use for debadging? I have a few approaches I’ve tried over the years but always looking for new techniques.
You have several options:

1. Use dental floss to remove the emblems
2. Use a heat gun to remove the emblems (not too close to the paint)
3. Once the emblems are removed, you can you heat and your fingers to get the 3M tape off or an eraser wheel (on paint only...NOT plastic)
4. Use Goo-Gone to get an residual residue off the paint
5. Polish and then wax/ceramic over the area

I, for one, always use dental floss and my fingers and then Goo-Gone.

You have several options:

1. Use dental floss to remove the emblems
2. Use a heat gun to remove the emblems (not too close to the paint)
3. Once the emblems are removed, you can you heat and your fingers to get the 3M tape off or an eraser wheel (on paint only...NOT plastic)
4. Use Goo-Gone to get an residual residue off the paint
5. Polish and then wax/ceramic over the area

I, for one, always use dental floss and my fingers and then Goo-Gone.
I use fishing line, need a heavy test test weight monofilament or better yet a lighter test weight super line like Spiderline. Clean the area behind the decal to remove dust and debris. Start gloves and wrap line around fingers. Use a sawing motion to cut the tape. Most of it will come right off.

I used a couple different eraser wheels on my engate bowtie and the tape just wanted to smear and smudge. Made a mess. Cleaned it up with Goo Gone Citrus Spray Gel. Then used some paint correction and wax to clean up surface.

Wish I would have just used the citrus cleaner. I've used the eraser wheels before and they worked fine. Not sure if I use them on tape again. Better for decals I think.

That looks wicked. Makes the tailgate pop out at you. Wouldn't have the same effect on black, but this suits the sand dune very well.

Awesome.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back