Thinking of installing a CAI???

securityguy

Reaction score
I have been modding trucks since 1997. I have learned a ton along the way. 1 - stay away from oiled air filters. 2 - you really don't need a $300 CAI to get better performance. On trucks that have a decent OEM air box, as ours does have, I have found that a great quality drop-in dry filter will give you most everything a full CAI replacement will. This is what I installed today. Paid $72 shipped to my door and it's an excellent filter!

You have a link to the $72 shipped filter. The link provided is to AEM with full retail price. I did google it, but want to make sure I get a lagit filter.

Shipped and delivered very fast!
Thanks! That was the first one to show up on my google search. Automotivestuff’s reviews aren’t that great, that was why I asked. I’ve always run K&N drop in filters. I’ll give this a try.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been modding trucks since 1997. I have learned a ton along the way. 1 - stay away from oiled air filters. 2 - you really don't need a $300 CAI to get better performance. On trucks that have a decent OEM air box, as ours does have, I have found that a great quality drop-in dry filter will give you most everything a full CAI replacement will. This is what I installed today. Paid $72 shipped to my door and it's an excellent filter!

Why not oiled filters? The posted efficiency difference on many websites is negligible.

I’ve always went with Volant/Corsa because of the Donaldson option.

Seriously good stuff.

I’ve always went with Volant/Corsa because of the Donaldson option.

Seriously good stuff.
Volant and Corsa are excellent! Corsa is actually a rebranded Volant. I have had two Volants in the past. Not a fan at all of K&N.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in the Volant, this site has it for a GREAT price (dry filter):

Most Member Reactions

Back