Throttle Chirp

jakesbraves1972

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a new member and just bought my '23 ZR2 yesterday. I did not notice this before I drove it off the lot yesterday, but when you hammer down on the gas, there is a lull before the power kicks in and has a small chirping sound. I can produce this sound also if I lightly tap on the gas pedal. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but for $80,000, this sound shouldn't be there. Any advice on what the issue could be. I'm going to drive it today and take it back to the dealer tomorrow so they can check it out. Thanks.

Would need more information to point you in any helpful direction. Is the pedal making noise? Or is this an external sound from the engine compartment?

The throttle delay is part of the factory throttle programming. Switching drive modes and or tow haul may help circumvent that. Ultimately, you would need a throttle controller to make it completely go away. As you cannot reasonably tune Global B. (22.5+)

Thanks for the reply. It sounds kind of "dirty" when i first accelerate if that makes sense. Doesnt sound like a clean V8. I can put my ear down next to the front tire and hear it good. Its almost like a ticking sound...like an ac compressor but the ac is off.

Thanks for the reply. It sounds kind of "dirty" when i first accelerate if that makes sense. Doesnt sound like a clean V8. I can put my ear down next to the front tire and hear it good. Its almost like a ticking sound...like an ac compressor but the ac is off.
If its what I think you're talking about all the 6.2s do it. You'll hear it around 50mph passing cars as well under light acceleration. Almost like you're using low lead. Definitely not the clean sounding you'd expect of an advanced V8. Love my truck but for 80k I expected better in many areas.

You are using 91+ octane right? It almost sounds like you are describing pre-detonation.

www.ultimate9.co

I, as well as many other forum members, have the ecvX and LOVE the difference it makes in throttle response. Puts a HUGE smile on my face every time I drive her :D
hows it differ from pedal commander and the K&N? im debating installing. i had PC in my Denali 1500 with 5.3L and it was a blast.

hows it differ from pedal commander and the K&N? im debating installing. i had PC in my Denali 1500 with 5.3L and it was a blast.
I was a die hard PC user until I found the Ultimate9. Better design, more options and the control head can be removed and still be fully functional. It also has a theft setting to prevent the throttle from being used. Awesome design and several members have purchased and are super happy. I am not a fan of K&N anything and looks like a non-compete if you ask me. I had three PCs in my last rigs...this is absolutely a better product.

Hi everyone. I am a new member and just bought my '23 ZR2 yesterday. I did not notice this before I drove it off the lot yesterday, but when you hammer down on the gas, there is a lull before the power kicks in and has a small chirping sound. I can produce this sound also if I lightly tap on the gas pedal. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but for $80,000, this sound shouldn't be there. Any advice on what the issue could be. I'm going to drive it today and take it back to the dealer tomorrow so they can check it out. Thanks.
There is a spring loaded flapper style valve on your exhaust that is most likely the culprit. Happened to me on my 2016 LTZ.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back