Tips & Tricks for the day of delivery?

Captain Tuttle

Reaction score
I’m picking up my 24 ZR2 in 2 days at a dealer 200 miles away. Can you all post up any specific things to check for and inspect before I sign on the line?

Not my first new car so I have my delivery day checklist. Just wondering if there are any ZR2 specific items that need to be checked/called out to the dealer before driving away.

For examples, things like:
o Loose fuses
o Config settings in dashboard/entertainment screens
o Tire pressures
o Oil/fluid levels
o etc.

What were the things you looked out for when you went to take delivery? Thanks in advance!

In addition to what you stated above, look over all body panels for the right gaps and paint for any issues you may see. I always look over the interior as well with a fine tooth comb for any scratches in the dash, seats, center console, A-B-C pillars, etc. Just remember, any issues you find after the fact can be dealt with by your local dealer.

One other thing that was a *little* bit of a surprise to me, although I really didn't care; just surprised. You are paying a mountain of money for this vehicle. But the ZR2 (at least mine) did not come with the automatic tailgate. So don't think you can hit a button and the tailgate go up. I'm sure that may be a 5K extra option, but not on mine! Button to open latch in vehicle, but that's it. And to me, that is useless. When would I want my tailgate to unlatch while I am in it? Rare for me, so... meh....

I’m picking up my 24 ZR2 in 2 days at a dealer 200 miles away. Can you all post up any specific things to check for and inspect before I sign on the line?

Not my first new car so I have my delivery day checklist. Just wondering if there are any ZR2 specific items that need to be checked/called out to the dealer before driving away.

For examples, things like:
o Loose fuses
o Config settings in dashboard/entertainment screens
o Tire pressures
o Oil/fluid levels
o etc.

What were the things you looked out for when you went to take delivery? Thanks in advance!
take delivery in sunlight never wet. stand at left and right side rear tail lamps. look down body line to headlights checking bed to cab alignment. check corners on bumpers for gap to body. good luck. its a great truck.

I'm a horrible person to ask, lol. When I buy new I hardly do anything but check the oil. Hell, I didn't even drive my ZR2 HD first. They pulled it around front. I looked at it and heard it running. I went inside and did the paperwork. They asked me if I wanted to take it for a drive? I said nope, It has a warranty and I'm about to drive it 500 miles, if something isn't right I'll find out 😅

I'm a horrible person to ask, lol. When I buy new I hardly do anything but check the oil. Hell, I didn't even drive my ZR2 HD first. They pulled it around front. I looked at it and heard it running. I went inside and did the paperwork. They asked me if I wanted to take it for a drive? I said nope, It has a warranty and I'm about to drive it 500 miles, if something isn't right I'll find out 😅
LOL Same here. I am NOT inspector detector. But when I find the issue, it's too late and I'm just as pissed. :ROFLMAO:

take delivery in sunlight never wet. stand at left and right side rear tail lamps. look down body line to headlights checking bed to cab alignment. check corners on bumpers for gap to body. good luck. its a great truck.
Good one here! There is a risk of rain on Thursday so I will ask them to keep it in a service bay for the exterior and interior inspection. And, I will do the test drive after that.

I’m not as brave as @8ball_99 to take delivery without a test drive!

Good one here! There is a risk of rain on Thursday so I will ask them to keep it in a service bay for the exterior and interior inspection. And, I will do the test drive after that.

I’m not as brave as @8ball_99 to take delivery without a test drive!
good luck again...you gasser or diesel?

Somebody had a post about their whole front of truck built crooked. I think they gave him a new truck.

Grab the trim pieces below the headlight and ask yourself why your paying this much $ for ill fitting trim. Then drive away and wait for them to get worse, then ask for them to be replaced. Then ask yourself again why you paid this much to have poor fitting trim on every inch of the truck.

It's like when they quit making metal Tonka trucks.........they've never been the same again.

Other than that have fun and enjoy your truck!

Somebody had a post about their whole front of truck built crooked. I think they gave him a new truck.

Grab the trim pieces below the headlight and ask yourself why your paying this much $ for ill fitting trim. Then drive away and wait for them to get worse, then ask for them to be replaced. Then ask yourself again why you paid this much to have poor fitting trim on every inch of the truck.

It's like when they quit making metal Tonka trucks.........they've never been the same again.

Normally this post would give me pause. But, I’m coming out of a Jeep Wrangler courtesy of Stellantis where quality is job 5. So…

But, I will definitely be checking for panel gaps. And spare tires! 👍

Normally this post would give me pause. But, I’m coming out of a Jeep Wrangler courtesy of Stellantis where quality is job 5. So…

GM can be chinsy. i think our rigs for the most part are solid. im curious if 24' has new drive modes.

Reactions: AXE
I’ll definitely post up a detailed update this weekend with my delivery experience and 24 features like active exhaust, sport mode and my general impression after the long drive home.

I’m plan on driving home in Sport mode, with L9 set. First ~100 miles backroads, last ~100 miles interstate. I’m also hoping I have the new ZR2 animations on entry and start-up.

👍

Grab the trim pieces below the headlight and ask yourself why your paying this much $ for ill fitting tri. Then drive away and wait for them to get worse, then ask for them replace them. Then ask yourself why you paid this much to have poor fitting teim.on every inch of the truck.

It's like when they quit making metal Tonka trucks, they've never been the same again.

LOL..... my salesman wanted me to drive mine so he could get his 100% customer satisfaction bonus. I obliged by driving down the road into a construction site and bounced it through some rough terrain.......he wasn't quite ready for that test ride. 25 miles later I high centered it on my new skids and the frame in the desert. Still had the sticker in the window and a crooked rear bumper.

#PDI

Attachments

• 20231028_161005.jpg
    20231028_161005.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231028_161352.jpg
    20231028_161352.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Everything is shit in a post covid world. Half assed is a way of life. That's just how it is until it isn't again.

Current situation with United in Denver. Probably forgot to do some maintenance and just sent her!

Attachments

• 20240220_154920.jpg
    20240220_154920.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back