TPMS Issues

So I get to Discount Tire for my "appointment"........what a shit show! I asked them to rotate the tires when they replace the TPMS. First thing they do is run into a jack with my tire and punch it 5 feet across the floor. Then they pull the tires and figure out they don't have the new OEM TPMS they promised. Meanwhile they are kicking my black nuts all over and running over them moving tires. Finally they decide to tell me they can only fix the one bad sensor. I finally had to grab the manager and raise hell. Then I go out and see they didn't get the tires rotated correctly. How do I know, cause I always mark the tires. I tell the manager and he is looking at me like we really screwed this up. He apologized a few times and he said he'd do it himself when I go back for the 5th time to get this resolved.....LOL.

Last edited:
So I get to Discount Tire for my "appointment"........what a shit show! I asked them to rotate the tires when they replace the TPMS. First thing they do is run into a jack with my tire and punch it 5 feet across the floor. Then they pull the tires and figure out they don't have the new OEM TPMS they promised. Meanwhile they are kicking my black nuts all over and running over them moving tires. Finally they decide to tell me they can only fix the one bad sensor. I finally had to grab the manager and raise hell. Then I go out and see they didn't get the tires rotated correctly. How do I know, cause I always mark the tires. I tell the manager and he is looking at me like we really screwed this up. He apologized a few times and he said he'd don't himself when I go back for the 5th time to get this resolved.....LOL.
Damn, that's sounds ridiculous for a Discount store! Where I live Schwab is a big competitor to them. I've always had good luck with DT.

So I get to Discount Tire for my "appointment"........what a shit show! I asked them to rotate the tires when they replace the TPMS. First thing they do is run into a jack with my tire and punch it 5 feet across the floor. Then they pull the tires and figure out they don't have the new OEM TPMS they promised. Meanwhile they are kicking my black nuts all over and running over them moving tires. Finally they decide to tell me they can only fix the one bad sensor. I finally had to grab the manager and raise hell. Then I go out and see they didn't get the tires rotated correctly. How do I know, cause I always mark the tires. I tell the manager and he is looking at me like we really screwed this up. He apologized a few times and he said he'd don't himself when I go back for the 5th time to get this resolved.....LOL.
curious as to why would you bring it back.

That's what I told the new manager. I said I was going to take it to my dealer and bring him the bill. He was wide eyed after that. I got alittle loud, a couple ladies near me go up and left.....I think they were shocked when I laid out my 4 month saga.

I've used this specific Discount Tire for 13 years and always had good luck. The past 4 months I've spent $4k for tires. One year I spent $7k. You would think that would get you somewhere, but there's been so much turnover it's new people all the time now.

Every since the coronavirus debacle, they have went to an appointment system. Takes 3 to 5 days to get in, yet they take walk in right when I'm in line trying to get checked in. Only tire store close to me and with a lot of growth there's a lot of demand. The service and quality has went down significantly in last couple years. The previous manager, who I worked with just left and went to their fleet group. So now I'm breaking in a new guy.

Last edited:
That's what I told the new manager. I said I was going to take it to my dealer and bring him the bill. He was wide eyed after that. I got alittle loud, a couple ladies near me go up and left.....I think they were shocked when I laid out my 4 month saga.

I've used this specific Discount Tire for 15 years and always had good luck. The past 4 months I've spent $4k for tires. One year I spent $7k. You would think that would get you somewhere, but there's been so much turnover it's new people all the time now.

Every since the coronavirus debacle, they have went to an appointment system. Takes 3 to 5 days to get in, yet they take walk in right when I'm in line trying to get checked in. Only tire store close to me and with a lot of growth there's a lot of demand. The service and quality has went down significantly in last couple years. The previous manager, who I worked with just left and went to their fleet group. So now I'm breaking in a new guy.
It seems to run across all the trades these days! It's like no body needs or gives a Damn about their job anymore! I always thought it was an honor to have a job and do my part. Plus I like money too, LOL.

Yep, I just made a pretty big investment on a powerline, electronic controls, and a new high volume water well. Total investment about $400k (probably +30% for similar work a few years back). It's been a mixed bag, some really good work and some below average by the same contractor. The lineman that did the powerline were the best and most efficient, but paid a big price.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230714_133104.jpg
    20230714_133104.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 18
Yep, I just made a pretty big investment on a powerline, electronic controls, and a new high volume water well. Total investment about $400k (probably +30% for similar work a few years back). It's been a mixed bag, some really good work and some below average by the same contractor. The lineman that did the powerline were the best and most efficient, but paid a big price.
Have you hired any "duds", that you wish that you wouldn't have. I think it would be tough to own a business these days.

Reactions: AXE
Have you hired any "duds", that you wish that you wouldn't have. I think it would be tough to own a business these days.
I do a pretty good job of vetting contractors. This work is in ND where I know a lot of folks and many locals own businesses, so you can trust a lot of them. They do have problems with staffing now. It's in western ND where oil and gas development is pretty busy. My Dad and I provide fresh water for fracking oil wells.

I find that if I stick close to the work and do regular inspections they know they can't hide. I document the hell out of everything and spend a fair amount of time on contracts and bids. There's always risk and I've been in a few lawsuits over bad work, but I haven't lost. Going to court is mind numbing and a losing proposition by every metric, even if you win you lose. However, I refuse to pay for bad work.

I just had a pissing match with a third party contractor that an oil company had on my sites. I didn't like what they were doing and called the oil company in Houston and told him if he didn't get it straightened out I was gonna shut the pumps off. He said "the contract doesn't say we have to do that". I said "bullshit, if you want the water, that's how we do it". An hour later one of his field guys showed up and apologized. Then we started doing shit my way. We eventually delivered about 2.1M barrels (88.2M gallons) of water 6 miles away in 40 days.

Life is easy if you make it easy. My wife says I'm gonna die trying to get everyone to do it my way.......she's probably right......LOL

Last edited:
When I got winter wheels and tires from discount tire the TPMS sensors never worked. I went back and forth with them for a month. Had the dealer look at them when I got an oil change and said they couldn't get them to work as well.

I bought OEM TPMS sensors to swap out in the wheels - everything was working again. No issues, psi was reading correctly.
im looking for OEM sensors for my Winter tyres also - do you have a part number or link to where to purchase?

May want to try some of the Chevy parts websites. You can look up the part numbers on them. All the websites look similar as they are owned by Chevy dealers like this one.

ShopChevyParts.com

Ended up putting the GM OEM TPMS in the tires. No problems since. These TPMS sensors are much better than the originals seem pretty accurate and consistent on each corner. Only took four trips to Discount.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back