Trailer Lamp Control Module.

bruss

Reaction score
Who in here has the factory parts hook up? My trailer lamp control module crapped out. GM 13554408. My dealer is saying it’s on back order. Could show up in 3 days, could be 3 months. This is some BS. I regularly tow with my truck and this shuts me down.

I wouldn’t be opposed to buying one from someone off of a wrecked truck. I would rather pay out of pocket and have my truck operational than wait months for GM to get their parts figured out.

Reactions: AXE
Do a search for part. Many of the larger dealers have online parts sales. Many of them have stock.

I get many if my parts from Midway Chevrolet in Phoenix. They have a huge parts department. Always have what I need or can get it. Ask for Simon and ask for a discount. They'll always price match or cut you 10%. He sells me a lot of stuff just a bit over cost.

Nice find! Thank you. I’ll give them a call today. All the other places I looked at online could not verify if it was in stock or said it was not available for purchase online.

Who in here has the factory parts hook up? My trailer lamp control module crapped out. GM 13554408. My dealer is saying it’s on back order. Could show up in 3 days, could be 3 months. This is some BS. I regularly tow with my truck and this shuts me down.

I wouldn’t be opposed to buying one from someone off of a wrecked truck. I would rather pay out of pocket and have my truck operational than wait months for GM to get their parts figured out.
gmpartsamerica on ebay says they have one. gm# 13554408

Reactions: AXE
This is Van Chevrolet in Scottdale. Whatever site you find, just call their parts department and verify if it's in stock.

I called them and sure enough, they have one in stock! I sent the quote over to my dealer and told them to get this one from them and put it on my truck. Hopefully they don't give me any headache about it coming from another dealer.

Dealers are like mafia, they may not sell the part to them. Also dealers won't always install parts you bring to them cause they don't make the money.

Most Member Reactions

Back