Tranny temp up to 207

giveymore

Reaction score
I transited 8 miles on the beach today in soft sand. My tranny temp got up to 207 and I wasn’t driving the truck hard. The manual say that at 215 you can cause damage. I seemed to push right up against that with no effort. Never had that with my Chevy Avalanche, Jeeps or 4runners. Has anyone else seen high off road temps in the tranny?

I transited 8 miles on the beach today in soft sand. My tranny temp got up to 207 and I wasn’t driving the truck hard. The manual say that at 215 you can cause damage. I seemed to push right up against that with no effort. Never had that with my Chevy Avalanche, Jeeps or 4runners. Has anyone else seen high off road temps in the tranny?
I haven’t seen anything abnormal personally. Have you double checked fluid levels? That would be my first step just to ensure transmission was topped off appropriately from the factory or that you don’t have an abnormal leak. While unlikely, It could be a faulty sensor i suppose? I would keep an eye on it and if you keep pushing the limit take in to dealer to have it checked out.

Drop your air pressure to 18 psi on the sand. You won't spin and slip tranny.

I doubt you'd see damage below 220, maybe more.

Good luck checking fluid levels, there's no dipstick and it's always a guessing game.

Drop your air pressure to 18 psi on the sand. You won't spin and slip tranny.

I doubt you'd see damage below 220, maybe more.

Good luck checking fluid levels, there's no dipstick and it's always a guessing game.
I haven’t even looked…no dipstick??? I’ve been in the HD w/ Allison too long apparently. How in the world do you know?

Reactions: AXE
I haven’t even looked…no dipstick??? I’ve been in the HD w/ Allison too long apparently. How in the world do you know?
I was fucking livid when I bought my wife's Tahoe. Poking around it the first couple days and realize what I bought. No dipstick and no drain plug......that's some real bullshit right there.

My service advisor says it calls for fluid change every 35k. Pan off filter change every other change, so first one at 70k.

GM doesn't want anyone working on them. I'm sure you know that from farming. My buddies say they can't do anything on their $500k combines and $250k tractors unless they call the dealer.

Copy, I usually run tires at 18 psi. With traction control off. Saw there is an off road mode. Looks like I’m good to go. Been 150-160 ever since. Fluid levels look good. Thanks

Copy, I usually run tires at 18 psi. With traction control off. Saw there is an off road mode. Looks like I’m good to go. Been 150-160 ever since. Fluid levels look good. Thanks
This thread is where forums can be invaluable, appreciate all the insight and validation on your end. Learned something today 👍

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back