Trim level? 2024HD Bison

What trim levels is the 2024 HD Bison available in?
ZR2 is an offroad package, not a trim level.

Basically the ZR2 has the equivalent of the LTZ trim of the past models (I think you'll find that buried in the equipment options list). Nearly the same as the High Country, but the leather in the High Country is more plush on seats and surfaces. Also High Country has a center channel speaker and music sounds a little better. My wife drives a 23 Tahoe High Country, so I speak from hands on experience.

Last edited:

Basically the ZR2 has the equivalent of the LTZ trim of the past models (Ib think you'll find that buried in the equipment options list). Nearly the same as the High Country, but the leather in the High Country is more plush on seats and surfaces. Also High Country has a center channel speaker and music sounds a little better. My wife drives a 23 Tahoe High Country, so I speak from hands on experience.
Bison is an off road package, on the ZR2 trim level

Just like the 1500’s, it’s “officially”considered an LT3. Slotting above a leather equipped LT and below the 1LZ and 3LZ (LTZ and HC)

Some features are omitted, such as all four doors having passive (button that Unlocks the door) entry and the color matched shark fin antenna.

The ZR2 is it’s own trim priced above all others having the same seat codes and other features such as HUD and seat ventilation as the 1LZ and 3LZ.

Bison is an option package on the ZR2 Trim. All is the same as it is on the 1500’s.

Just like the 1500’s, it’s “officially”considered an LT3. Slotting above a leather equipped LT and below the 1LZ and 3LZ (LTZ and HC)

Some features are omitted, such as all four doors having passive (button that Unlocks the door) entry and the color matched shark fin antenna.

The ZR2 is it’s own trim priced above all others having the same seat codes and other features such as HUD and seat ventilation as the 1LZ and 3LZ.

Bison is an option package on the ZR2 Trim. All is the same as it is on the 1500’s.

Very well worded. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks to all who replied, the information you supplied is very helpful, it helps fill in the gaps of what the dealer told me. I ordered the truck and the available options seemed to be limited,, I wasn’t sure what I was getting.

Basically the ZR2 has the equivalent of the LTZ trim of the past models (Ib think you'll find that buried in the equipment options list). Nearly the same as the High Country, but the leather in the High Country is more plush on seats and surfaces. Also High Country has a center channel speaker and music sounds a little better. My wife drives a 23 Tahoe High Country, so I speak from hands on experience.
This guy really knows what he's talking about as he owned the first ZR2 model circa 1997. It was an offroad suspension and protection package on the top level S10 trim. What's old is new again.

Here is what my sticker says in black and white.

Attachments

• 20230804_000446.jpg
    20230804_000446.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Bison is an off road package, on the ZR2 trim level
Bison package is some bolt on hard bits on an off road ZR2 package. The ZR2 package is basically the unique suspension setup and has been since 1995 when it was introduced on the S10

The Bison package is nice, but if you had a couple weekends, a couple buddies, some 3/16 inch plate, a plasma cutter, a Millermatic 180, a 4 inch grinder, and a couple of 24 pack flats of Old Milwaukee you got the Bison package.

Let's not get carried away with this bullshit!

So you're saying it's basically the LTZ from 2014 to 2020......I agree cause I owned a couple........LOL..... they can add all the nomenclature they want. There's basically five trim levels (9 if you split hairs) and they're incestral........Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ, High Country.

Even GMs marketing says ZR2 is LTZ plus offroad package as shown here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_001909_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_001909_Chrome.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
This guy really knows what he's talking about as he owned the first ZR2 model circa 1997. It was an offroad suspension and protection package on the top level S10 trim. What's old is new again.

Here is what my sticker says in black and white.
Mine actually says Z71 in the options list.
1691147967224.jpeg

She was definitely on the first run of trucks that’s for sure

That's wierd......cause the Z71 package isn't much but usually on LTZ level trim. I always thought of it as a skid on the diff, heavy duty shocks, some interior design features, and some badging. The ZR2 is definitely more that that.

If I remember, I got the complete build Sheet for my rig and that's where I seen the LTZ reference. Not sure if I still have it.

So you're saying it's basically the LTZ from 2014 to 2020......I agree cause I owned a couple........LOL..... they can add all the nomenclature they want. There's basically five trim levels (9 if you split hairs) and they're incestral........Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ, High Country.

Even GMs marketing says ZR2 is LTZ plus offroad package as shown here.
i just ordered the ZR2 HD and the package is closer to the High Country in standard options than it is the LTZ.

i just ordered the ZR2 HD and the package is closer to the High Country in standard options than it is the LTZ.
I agree, I ordered mine a couple weeks ago as well and besides adding a sunroof it was the high country. An earlier post mentioned the more plush leather which I can’t attest to as of yet. Even more detail in the dash trim pieces etc on the ZR2.

I doubt it, but I guess I'll know when I get mine soon enough.

I own a 22 ZR2 and 23 Tahoe High Country and they are equipped exactly the same. The Tahoe leather is slightly softer, as are the hard surfaces. The Tahoe has a center channel speaker. Otherwise, they are coming out of the same parts bin.

I've also seen a couple 2500 HDs on the lot. While I didn't pay much attention, they didn't strike me as any different.

Not sure on the 2500s, but on the 1500 ZR2. They are very similar to a Highcountry as far as standard equipment. Things like the heated rear seats, homelink garage door opener, rear sliding window, ect are standard on a Zr2 and Highcountry. But are options on a LTZ. A Zr2 with a tech package is basically a offroad version of a Highcountry. With out the tech package, you miss out on adaptive cruise control that's standard on HC trim.

Reactions: AXE
A couple other options on my Tahoe are the rear entertainment system on headrests and some satin finished copper trim pieces that look pretty nice.

I think the only thing missing on my Tahoe is the adaptive air ride suspension, which I don't think is available on trucks.

Also I didn't get the sunroofs on either rig cause I find them useless.

Most Member Reactions

Back