Truckloads of New Tesla Cybertrucks Spotted Ahead of Official Deliveries

Oh sweet!!!!! Truckloads of ramps for jumping real trucks
IMG_5538.jpeg

My buddy has one on order. I hope he gets one so I can experience it firsthand. At least they are American made!

I used to build those same trucks with Legos in 1978-82.

Personally I think they are fugly. I'm even an 80s kid and into SIFi lol, so blocky doesn't bother me at all. Neither does off the wall designs that look like a movie prop. But man those things just look unfinished to me. I also feel like EV trucks are pointless still. They are trucks for people who don't need trucks. I get it, lot's of people drive trucks that don't need them. To each their own. But EVs make the most sense as just commuter vehicles right now. They aren't great for long range. Even worse towing and hauling relatively short distances. Those huge batteries seem like a waste when they could build 3 or 4 smaller, way more efficient EVs with the same battery material.

EVs are a complete waste. There’s this big push in the big truck world to sell EVs. For every truck we sell that gets registered in California we have to purchase one EV from the factory. The factory rep even told us, EV is just a bridge to hydrogen. They cost twice as much as diesel power, go 200 miles and take like 3-8 hours to charge. There’s no infrastructure in place to support EVs on the massive scale that the government is pushing. We already have cities that have rolling blackouts. The saying, F the mule, just load the cart comes to mind.

EVs are a complete waste. There’s this big push in the big truck world to sell EVs. For every truck we sell that gets registered in California we have to purchase one EV from the factory. The factory rep even told us, EV is just a bridge to hydrogen. They cost twice as much as diesel power, go 200 miles and take like 3-8 hours to charge. There’s no infrastructure in place to support EVs on the massive scale that the government is pushing. We already have cities that have rolling blackouts. The saying, F the mule, just load the cart comes to mind.
Hydrogen is a great fuel if we can figure it out. Biggest issue is infrastructure. Most of Americans outside of the north doesn’t even have natural gas service.

Storing it as a liquid requires temperatures around 300 below. As a gas, the pressure is 5-10k psi for storage.

Good old oil is just absolutely dirt cheap in comparison and given it’s quantity even just domestically along with it being stable in a old water bottle, any alternative fuel is virtue signaling.

Anything and everything has to be economically viable to survive long term. Regardless of anything political about the conversation.

Electric vehicles are dirty politics. If you follow the money and the people who vomit them as the future. It’s all about ROI. The “environmental benefits” is the selling point to the sheep who can’t understand how stocks work.

I’ll bet anyone on here a steak dinner that if the government was handing people 7,500 in a tax credit to buy a 6.2, every single Silverado built would have one. It’s a bad joke.

Electric vehicles have a place in the market. But it’s not an all encompassing solution.

Hydrogen is on the way. Peterbilt and Kenworth both partnered with Toyota to use their fuel cells. Trucks could be on the road in 2025. Again, there’s no infrastructure but whatever. It’s almost like no one really wants to stop using oil so they just half ass everything that could replace it…..weird

I mean I don't really think they are completely pointless. I've got a buddy who has owned a Chevy bolt for a couple years. He likes it over all. It is dirt cheap to charge it at home. It's just not great for a primary or only vehicle. If they would focus on smaller cheap EVs like the bolt and get the prices down. I could actually see a lot of house holds having something like that. Charge it at night at home when power consumption isn't a problem. Couple hundred mile range is fine for most people as just commuter and around town. Keep a ICE vehicle for trips and longer drives. The problem is they are trying to shoe horn them in as main vehicles or everything EV. Most are 45k+. So for most they are main vehicles and need access to fast chargers, bigger batteries, ect. States trying to set a deadline that everything has to be EV by 2035 is just stupid.

Reactions: AXE
It’s obvious we have to go towards greener options. With a little common sense anyone should be able to understand the planet can’t sustain all the pollution, let alone just becoming energy independent. But the solution can’t be worse than the problem. There’s nothing green about batteries. Or the way we currently produce the vast majority of our electricity. I’m also not comfortable driving around the city in some tiny ass car. I seriously considered waiting it out and getting a new EV Silverado. But, the prices are stupid, theres zero aftermarket support, the dealer techs won’t know shit about them, I couldn’t work on the damn thing…the list of cons for EV far out way the benefits. Just my 2 cents

It’s obvious we have to go towards greener options. With a little common sense anyone should be able to understand the planet can’t sustain all the pollution, let alone just becoming energy independent. But the solution can’t be worse than the problem. There’s nothing green about batteries. Or the way we currently produce the vast majority of our electricity. I’m also not comfortable driving around the city in some tiny ass car. I seriously considered waiting it out and getting a new EV Silverado. But, the prices are stupid, theres zero aftermarket support, the dealer techs won’t know shit about them, I couldn’t work on the damn thing…the list of cons for EV far out way the benefits. Just my 2 cents
you forgot ZERO infrastructure in place to support any type of interstate travel.....cart before the horse. EV's will fail because they are forcing them. my 2 cents.

you forgot ZERO infrastructure in place to support any type of interstate travel.....cart before the horse. EV's will fail because they are forcing them. my 2 cents.
I mentioned that earlier. It’s the way they do things, half ass. Just enough to keep one side thinking their actually doing something

Green energy and climate change is a ruse. Like fossil fuels, they consume massive amounts of natural resources to make our lives better. Nothing about them has anything to do with improving human health or the longevity of the planet. They are simply meant to slow progress and growth in the USA and other 1st world countries, so others can catch up and be "equal". To do so, they'll use massive amounts of fossil fuels funded by your "investment" in green energy. Part of the global reset pushed by global elites that will profit handsomely.

I develop energy projects including fossil and renewable projects throughout Western US. I am proud of the work I have done on them and have enjoyed seeing them built no matter the technology. They are far from "green" or carbon neutral. They were all built using massive amounts of mined/manufactured products and diesel fuel. Millions of gallons of fuel are used to get these projects done. One blade on a wind turbine takes thousands of gallons of fuel to get it to the site. They use a crane to set the turbines and blades that has to be moved and placed by another crane for each turbine. There's hundreds of employees on site each day, often in remote areas so burns thousands of gallons of fuel each week to get to work.

Humans are parasites......the Earth is our host, so it will be until we no longer exist.

Most Member Reactions

Back