Updated 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 Configurator To Go Live On March 3rd

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
2022-Chevrolet-Silverado-ZR2-1500-Launch-Photos-Exterior-018-front-three-quarters-barn-720x405.jpeg

The online configurator tool for the refreshed 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 will go live on March 3rd, GM Authority can confirm.

The 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 configurator was initially supposed to go live on January 5th, however this launch date got pushed back for unknown reasons. GM Authority has now learned the revised launch date for the tool, which allows users to select their preferred body configuration, powertrain, trim level, exterior and interior colors and options and features, will be March 3rd.

As GM Authority reported previously, dealers can already place orders for the refreshed 2022 Silverado 1500 and have been doing so since the first order cycle went into effect on December 16th of 2021. Despite this, the customer-facing configurator tool has still yet to go live, which is a bit odd for GM. In fact, we can’t think of any recent GM vehicle launch where this scenario has taken place.

General Motors first unveiled the refreshed 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 last September. The pickup introduces revised exterior styling to the nameplate, along with an all-new interior design and layout and new available technologies. A multitude of powertrains are offered, including the turbo 2.7L I4 L3B gasoline engine (which now produces 20 percent more torque for a total of 430 pound-feet), the atmospheric 5.3L V8 L84 gasoline engine, the atmospheric 6.2L V8 L87 gasoline engine, and the 3.0L I6 LM2 turbodiesel Duramax. The pickup rides on the same GM T1 platform as the pre-refresh model.

Production of the 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 takes place at the GM Silao Plant in Mexico, the GM Fort Wayne Assembly facility in Indiana, and the GM Oshawa Plant in Canada. Prices start at $33,195 including destination and freight charges for the entry-level Work Truck trim level.

Source

GM Authority says so, huh. They have been wrong a lot on this truck.

Does anybody remember those old ads, I think for JC Penny, where the shopper was standing at the glass door repeating "Open, open, open, open..."? That is how I feel with the online configurator going live this week. I know I can get the order packages and pricing from NADA Guides, CostCo, or the Dealer but there is something fun about being able to mix and match the options and see the changes on the image of the truck.

If the configurator goes live tomorrow I will be completely useless in my meetings while I play with the ZR2 and AT4X configurators. If somebody asks me a question I will certainly have to say "I'm sorry, can you repeat the question" since I will be completely distracted and not paying attention to Zoom.

Most Member Reactions

Back