Upfitter Switches

If I was going with more accessories, I would have went for this option, even though the price is high.

One thing I didn't like is that the buttons are right in front of your storage in the console and could get blocked. I don't carry a lot of suff there, but on road trips I usually end up with plenty in that location.

I'd be curious to see how they bring the battery wires into the cab.

Last edited:
If I was going with more accessories, I would have went for this option, even though the price is high.

One thing I didn't like is that the buttons are right in front of your storage in the console and could get blocked. I don't carry a lot of suff there, but on road trips I usually end up with plenty in that location.

I'd be curious to see how they bring the battery wires into the cab.

I've been happy with mine in both trucks. Heck in the 22 I just picked that spot in the middle. The upfitter kits weren't even out yet. So I didn't know that's where GM was going to put them lol.

I don't have a picture, but there us a rubber grommet between the brake and the gas pedal. That's where the power wire goes through the firewall. You just poke or drill a hole through the rubber. Next time I'm fooling around with the truck, I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

Reactions: AXE
I've been happy with mine in both trucks. Heck in the 22 I just picked that spot in the middle. The upfitter kits weren't even out yet. So I didn't know that's where GM was going to put them lol.

I don't have a picture, but there us a rubber grommet between the brake and the gas pedal. That's where the power wire goes through the firewall. You just poke or drill a hole through the rubber. Next time I'm fooling around with the truck, I'll see if I can get a picture of it.
I think you sent me a picture before. I never could find that grommet.

I came up through one of the rubber/plastic plugs under the carpet of left foot. Easy to do it there, but may not be enough wire in the upfitter kit for a 2 foot longer run. I had a custom harness, so it gave me the length I needed.

I think you sent me a picture before. I never could find that grommet.

I came up through one of the rubber/plastic plugs under the carpet of left foot. Easy to do it there, but may not be enough wire in the upfitter kit for a 2 foot longer run. I had a custom harness, so it gave me the length I needed.

Ahh ok, yeah it's just not In a great place to get a photo. It is partially covered by the insulation on bothe sides also. You have to kind of pull it back a little to spot it. I'm sure online somewhere gm has updated upfitter switch instructions.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back