Utah Gut Bouncer

BG'sZee

Reaction score
Quick query - On the freeway here in Utah - the gaps are about 8-10 feet apart. I can really feel the bounce at freeway speed (above 60mph). My poor gut bounces gleefully, my poor wife's bra is ...well you get it. There is no change in bounce when changing driving mode. I don't notice the bounce in my Vette, in the wife's Q5, and did not notice the bounce in our 2013 Suburban.
Do my fellow utahns notice it? Or is just my truck, again.

Reactions: AXE
My observation is best summed up with this example. I’ve literally gone 90 down rural farm roads and it felt like driving on glass but I’ve been some four lane highways that bounce the truck so hard that I’m afraid stuff’s going to fall off lol. I just don’t think the suspension does well with rhythmic bumps.

Sometimes it's the cadence of the whoops. Can't really stop it unless your just right stored or suspended perfectly.

Only traveling I15 South to Southern Utah have I felt what you're talking about. None of the other roads in Salt Lake Valley affect me that way.

Only traveling I15 South to Southern Utah have I felt what you're talking about. None of the other roads in Salt Lake Valley affect me that way.
Interesting - I live in Draper and drive into SLC - the bouncing is most pronounced through Sandy, then from 53rd up to the I80 interchange.
I think the best way to fix this damned bouncing issue is to get the PaxPower Jackal wide body kit and Supercharger! (Don't don't if it'll change anything - but at least it will be super bad-ass).

Reactions: AXE
Interesting - I live in Draper and drive into SLC - the bouncing is most pronounced through Sandy, then from 53rd up to the I80 interchange.
I think the best way to fix this damned bouncing issue is to get the PaxPower Jackal wide body kit and Supercharger! (Don't don't if it'll change anything - but at least it will be super bad-ass).
I like the thought process to try and eliminate the bounce. I will try taking i-15 (114th South) to SLC Airport tonight to see if I get the same issue.

I like the thought process to try and eliminate the bounce. I will try taking i-15 (114th South) to SLC Airport tonight to see if I get the same issue.
FlyZR2 - what did you think - do you get that constant bouncing - you know, it adds a tremolo to your voice. Maybe the springs. Time to test drive another ZR2 to see if it's fleet wide, or my truck only.

I only noticed it in the slow lanes where the big rigs spend time. but it wasn't the whole freeway just in spots.
You are welcome to try mine if you want too.

I only noticed it in the slow lanes where the big rigs spend time. but it wasn't the whole freeway just in spots.
You are welcome to try mine if you want too.
That's an excellent idea - do you have stock suspension and tires?

I noticed this today on 75 (big North / South artery through Dallas, TX) earlier today and once on another section where there was a regular seam in the relatively new concrete. I just came from a 4-door Wrangler with a LOT shorter wheelbase, and while this rides much much much better, it has some quirks with sections of road like that.

Most Member Reactions

Back