What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

New ATAK muffler and exhaust tips. Love the low rumble now. The black turn down tips were pretty hard to find, but I got them on Ebay which I typically steer clear of.

Attachments

• IMG_3627.jpeg
    IMG_3627.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3655.jpeg
    IMG_3655.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3653.jpeg
    IMG_3653.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3650.mov
    22.2 MB
Traded the 22 ZR2 for a 23 ZR2. Had to remove the exhaust, cold air kit, sub box and tonneau cover. Got tint done today, weekend is going to be busy installing all the parts and ceramic coating it.

I had a busy couple weeks. Added a front and rear dash cam, a Facebook marketplace roll n’ lock find, and finally found a usable hitch addition.

Attachments

• IMG_8830.jpeg
    IMG_8830.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_8829.jpeg
    IMG_8829.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_8828.jpeg
    IMG_8828.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 135
Curious why you jumped from a 22 to a 23 and didn't wait for the 24?
Dealer texted me he had one in stock the same spec's as mine. Cost for a 24 would be more and I wasn't planning on trading in the first place. Only change I've seen for 24's is active exhaust but I already have a Borla Touring setup.

Finally got my wheels and tires! 17x8.5 Icons with 35x12.5 Toyo RT Trails... This is how I wanted this truck to sit from the day I bought it!

Attachments

• 20230925_073723.jpg
    20230925_073723.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 20230922_165327.jpg
    20230922_165327.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 20230922_165339.jpg
    20230922_165339.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 152
damn that looks good. easy swap? no rubbing? no alteration?
Easy swap! I have Peak spacer plates in the front with Cognito UCAs so I wound up with only a slight rub on the front bumper at full lock only on the passenger side. Not sure if I want to live with it or just bite the bullet and trim it out a bit! Zero offset put the tires exactly where I wanted them with just the sidewalls sticking out! Loving the Toyos

Attachments

• 20230923_110738.jpg
    20230923_110738.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 76
Easy swap! I have Peak spacer plates in the front with Cognito UCAs so I wound up with only a slight rub on the front bumper at full lock only on the passenger side. Not sure if I want to live with it or just bite the bullet and trim it out a bit! Zero offset put the tires exactly where I wanted them with just the sidewalls sticking out! Loving the Toyos

Nice truck!
How's the ride quality compared vs stock?
I'm looking forward to get aftermarket UCAs, I have read that it improve the ride quality smoothness.

Lastly, I'm curious why you chose Cognito over Peak suspension .

Nice truck!
How's the ride quality compared vs stock?
I'm looking forward to get aftermarket UCAs, I have read that it improve the ride quality smoothness.

Lastly, I'm curious why you chose Cognito over Peak suspension .
Thanks, The UCAs were the biggest improvement no so much in ride but in smoothness of the steering and the return to center after a turn. Overall ride quality is still great! Went with Cognito arms mostly because of the changeable standard style ball joint. I didn't trust the uniball style because in the Northeast they use tons of sand and salt on the roads in the winter months and didn't know how they would hold up. Use truck everyday. The Cognito arms are mega overkill, welded boxed steel and super heavy duty. I was very impressed when I took them out of the box!

It's not difficult to trim off 18mm and it looks clean. Touch up the edges with some paint. If your rubbing, it'll only get worse off-roading or even big driveway approaches. Check my thread to see what I did.

Do your Toyos track good? I really like mine but sometimes feel like they wander a bit during hard acceleration or if the pavement is grooved. Gonna have the alignment checked again tomorrow, but don't think that is the issue.

It's not difficult to trim off 18mm and it looks clean. Touch up the edges with some paint. If your rubbing, it'll only get worse off-roading or even big driveway approaches. Check my thread to see what I did.

Do your Toyos track good? I really like mine but sometimes feel like they wander a bit during hard acceleration or if the pavement is grooved. Gonna have the alignment checked again tomorrow, but don't think that is the issue.
Yeah I think I'm just going to trim and not worry about it. Haven't noticed any wandering with the Toyos. I did have it aligned right before I put them on. 🤔

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back