What should I do?

Smokey0844

Founding Member
Reaction score
Here’s the situation: I have a 23 on order. Everything I wanted is on it. Luckily there isn’t much to add as far as options go. My dealer has had a couple of 22s pop up as in transit yesterday. I’m waiting on word from my guy if one or both are available. They both are close to what I ordered except for two things. They both are missing the multifunction tailgate and I ordered summit white while these are black and glacier blue. I’m torn on the tailgate but I guess it’s not a deal breaker by itself. I like the blue and I like black. The issue there is my wife is very very against the blue and my Trail Boss is black so it kind of feels like I’m getting the same truck. I know I’m not but it “feels” that way. If these are an option, I really don’t know which way to go and I thought I’d ask for some opinions on it. What would you do in my situation?

I would wait. Personally, I would pass on the 2022 based on the paint issues alone. Of course, there's no guarantee that they have fixed this issues on the 2023 but at least you're getting a truck that is one model year newer.

I would wait. Personally, I would pass on the 2022 based on the paint issues alone. Of course, there's no guarantee that they have fixed this issues on the 2023 but at least you're getting a truck that is one model year newer.
My gut says wait. I think in the end I’m worried about getting hit with a constraint and my current lease running out and I lose the equity I have in it.

Get the blue, If it sucks trade it in for a white later. Likely wont lose much if anything

Right now, I’m only going to consider if they have a white one roll in and I get to look it over first. Even then it’s going to be a hard decision.
Supposedly they have several coming but currently it’s showing one blue and two black in transit. They are not charging any markups or other bs either but will not budge from msrp.

I wouldn’t do it unless it’s exactly what I wanted. Speaking from previous experience

I wouldn’t do it unless it’s exactly what I wanted. Speaking from previous experience
Absolutely agreed. Luckily, all the ones coming in so far are identical to my order minus the color difference. I’m hating that I feel like I’m racing the clock with trade values also because I’m worried about them dropping by the time the order comes in.

Absolutely agreed. Luckily, all the ones coming in so far are identical to my order minus the color difference. I’m hating that I feel like I’m racing the clock with trade values also because I’m worried about them dropping by the time the order comes in.
Well for me, color was important. This was the most expensive vehicle I have bought. So it was 100% or nothing, no settling

My gut says wait. I think in the end I’m worried about getting hit with a constraint and my current lease running out and I lose the equity I have in it.
There already is a constraint on the 6.2L until Oct.

Also, 2023 comes with a $1,500 price hike

A blue and a black one hit the lot today. Going to go check them out but I’m passing on them. Now if they have a white one in the pipeline that’s another story. Also going to see what’s going on with the 6.2 constraint posted earlier.

If anyone wants a blue or black 22 with tech package, sunroof, black wheels, and normal tailgate for msrp hit me up.

Went to the dealer this evening. They have a glacier blue, black, and ash gray models in. All three have less than 10 miles and already have paint issues on the hood. Not the worst on the truck though. They had a blazer that a car cover had melted to it. There’s one that’s exactly what I ordered on the way minus the sunroof which isn’t a deal breaker I’m keeping my order in place but I’m most likely going to grab the 22 when it hits. There’s 14 orders in front of me so I’m not counting on it being filled at this point.

Picked up a black 2022 ZR2 late last night. Didn’t get it home until midnight. It’s not cleaned yet but I did get the Borla exhaust and bed cover ordered. Just waiting on the kicker sub to get back in stock. My wife really really didn’t like summit white after seeing one and I’m perfectly fine with black and we all know happy wife equals happy life.
88ABA761-FF8F-4B95-8930-95A9EE36194F.jpeg

Most Member Reactions

Back