Wheel Spacers ?

SeaHunt

Reaction score
Have any of you guys kept the stock wheels and added spacers to get rid of that "Tucked In" look ? If so, what size spacers did you use and brand ? I've seen cheapy ones in Amazon where a guy takes a hammer to them and they just break in half. You would just hate to have a spacer break when your doing 70-80 MPH down the freeway. Thank you !

I bought hubcentric 10mm spacers from Dirt King. Mild sauce compared to most as normally people run around 1.5” spacers. Bora is the go-to brand.

But I would like to run a 285-295 eventually without breaking out the sawzall.

Stock is +28 offset, this would be +18. IMG_2145.jpeg

BORA is considered to be one of the best and built in USA. I think about 1 inch might be best, but some may have used the 1.5 inch. If you go too much you'll get rubbing. The 1 inch aren't often stocked but BORA will.make you a set in about 1-2 weeks.

I bought hubcentric 10mm spacers from Dirt King. Mild sauce compared to most as normally people run around 1.5” spacers. Bora is the go-to brand.

Stock is +28 offset, this would be +18.View attachment 8439
Thank you for the info !

BORA is considered to be one of the best and built in USA. I think about 1 inch might be best, but some may have used the 1.5 inch. If you go too much you'll get rubbing. The 1 inch aren't often stocked but BORA will.make you a set in about 1-2 weeks.

Thank you for the tip and link !

Reactions: AXE

i used these exact ones on my 1500 Bison. I have a slight rub because of the Weather tech mud guards on full lock turns.

I have Bora 1.25" spacers on mine. I've had them on there about a year now. I went with that size because it brings the factory wheels out flush with the fenders and the high clearance steps. No poke, so it doesn't sling rocks on to the paint. If I remember correctly it's about the same as a zero off set rim. In the pictures Driver is stock, passenger is with 1.25 spacer

20230103_162317.jpg
20230103_162248.jpg

Stock is +28 offset, this would be +18.View attachment 8439
The picture is +18 correct? What size spacer is that? Does it change the ride? Also will it work with a 295 70R18?

The picture is +18 correct? What size spacer is that? Does it change the ride? Also will it work with a 295 70R18?
That is effectively +18. Stock is +28 a 10mm spacer (usually made to clear calipers on certain wheels) reduces the offset by that amount.

Spacers

As far as me having the physical evidence that 295’s 100% fit with “no rub” I do not at this time. But it is the “common agreement” that they (295’s) do fit with stock offset wheels. This is as far as you can possibly push that metric.

I’m leaning heavily toward the Recon Grapplers in Standard Load. (SL) They are right in line with the weight range of the stock C range tires. The main driver is a 34.3”~ tire weighs 53 lbs vs 70 for E range options. Will make a significant difference in acceleration and fuel economy.

Reactions: AXE
Sorry, +18 in layman’s = 1 inch?
Offset is depicted in Metric. But spacers are usually measured in the imperial system.

Offset is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the Rim. A positive offset indicates “more” of the Rim is on the interior side of the hub. Negative is the opposite.

Factory ZR2 wheels have a positive offset of roughly 1.1 inches or 28mm.

Any spacers you add will reduce this number and “push” the rim outward from the body.

A 10mm spacer is 3/8 of an inch. Meaning the wheel is 3/8 further outward. Artificially “reducing” the offset of the factory wheels to a positive 18mm. A 1.5” spacer will decrease this further to a negative number. -10 in this case.

As you push the wheel outwards, you move it closer to the fender well and front bumper when the wheel is turned. Attributing to rubbing. The front wheel well opening on the T1 platform is small compared to the amount the body itself increased in size. They are not really designed to handle more than a 33” tire.

Last edited:
wutang, do you have access to the information for the AEV Bison wheels on 2500HD ZR2? It seems different than the 1500, maybe closer to 0 since it matches outside of fender well, but I haven't been able to confirm.

Have any of you guys kept the stock wheels and added spacers to get rid of that "Tucked In" look ? If so, what size spacers did you use and brand ? I've seen cheapy ones in Amazon where a guy takes a hammer to them and they just break in half. You would just hate to have a spacer break when your doing 70-80 MPH down the freeway. Thank you !
I actually went with the 1.5” Dynofit aluminum spacers and they went on perfectly and put the stock rims right where I wanted them. Preferred the slightly cheaper option as I plan to eventually replace the wheels and tires anyways. Used them on a Jeep Gladiator too and have had zero issues.

Dynofit 1.5 inch 6x5.5 Wheel Spacers for Chevy Silverado GMC Sierra 1500 Yukon XL Avalanche,4pcs 6x139.7 M14x1.5 Studs 78.1mm Bore Hubcentric Forged Spacer for Tahoe Escalade K1500 Suburban https://a.co/d/4yPloPR

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpeg
    IMG_0325.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0327.jpeg
    IMG_0327.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0326.jpeg
    IMG_0326.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0329.jpeg
    IMG_0329.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0328.jpeg
    IMG_0328.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 183
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's what I like, gives the whole front end more attitude.

I did -12 offset on 9 inch wheels and 295/70R18 Toyo RT Trails and ended up about the same outside fender well.

I actually went with the 1.5” Dynofit aluminum spacers and they went on perfectly and put the stock rims right where I wanted them. Preferred the slightly cheaper option as I plan to eventually replace the wheels and tires anyways. Used them on a Jeep Gladiator too and have had zero issues.

Dynofit 1.5 inch 6x5.5 Wheel Spacers for Chevy Silverado GMC Sierra 1500 Yukon XL Avalanche,4pcs 6x139.7 M14x1.5 Studs 78.1mm Bore Hubcentric Forged Spacer for Tahoe Escalade K1500 Suburban https://a.co/d/4yPloPR
Are you feeling any vibrating, changes in the ride?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you feeling any vibrating, changes in the ride?
I haven’t noticed any difference in ride or the addition of any vibration. Ive had the truck cruising over 80 on the Dallas North Tollway several times and nothing at that speed either. I re-torqued the lug nuts twice at 500 miles and then 1000 miles, but I’m not sure they’d loosened at all. Not sure if that helped preventing any possible vibration either, but that’s what they said to do and I’m a bit of a rule follower when it comes to installs for my truck 😜

Similar to TexAgg2002, I just added the 1.5” Dynofit aluminum spacers. I did not like the tucked in stock look, wanted to do 1.25", but couldn't find that in a brand I felt comfortable with. Glad I went with the 1.5", definitely gives the look it should have from the factory in my opinion. I went with the spacer option as a stop gap, didn't want to spend 3-4K on new wheels and tires. Spent $120 on the spacers and $35 to install. Figured I would wear the stock tires out and then determine if I want to spend the money on new rims and tires. Honestly, I am liking the look, and at this point don't think I will change anything.

I did notice there is a slight change to the drive, on the highway feels about the same, maybe a little vibration thru the steering wheel, on the rougher roads little bit more vibration. Nothing significant though, I did notice rubbing when I was backing up, so I will need to investigate more. Tad more road noise believe it on not with the tires pushed out a bit, again nothing significant.

Most Member Reactions

Back