Which Winch is Compatible?

cbpagent72

Reaction score
I am about to take delivery of my Bison next week and I want to have a winch installed.

Does anyone whow which winches besides the Comeup Seal Slim Gen 2 9,500lbs? So far I have only found that as compatible. I would like to install a Warn.

That seems a little odd to build a bumper for a production vehicle and only test fit it for a single winch. Especially if it's not a Warn or Smitty bilt.

I agree, and they point you to Chevy to buy it which is $400 more than the regular Market.
Very limited with these Bisons and the AEV website has nothing for the Silverado, only the press release ad.

I dunno. Pretty smart by Comeup you ask me
I mean I guess if they paid AEV to be exclusive. But it's a bit of a fail on GM and AEVs part. It would be like a company making a bumper for a light bar, But saying we don't know if anything Rigid or Rough country makes will fit it. Not to mention that 9500lb winch on a 5500+Lb truck is actually pretty small. That's more sized for a jeep than a full sized truck. Typically you want one sized at least double your vehicle's weight. I would have expected it to be able to fit a 12k. I mean they built it for a specific vehicle. It's not like they didn't know how much it weighed, lol.

I am about to take delivery of my Bison next week and I want to have a winch installed.

Does anyone whow which winches besides the Comeup Seal Slim Gen 2 9,500lbs? So far I have only found that as compatible. I would like to install a Warn.
thought winch was standard..prob only comes in that 10k option package.

I mean I guess if they paid AEV to be exclusive. But it's a bit of a fail on GM and AEVs part. It would be like a company making a bumper for a light bar, But saying we don't know if anything Rigid or Rough country makes will fit it. Not to mention that 9500lb winch on a 5500+Lb truck is actually pretty small. That's more sized for a jeep than a full sized truck. Typically you want one sized at least double your vehicle's weight. I would have expected it to be able to fit a 12k. I mean they built it for a specific vehicle. It's not like they didn't know how much it weighed, lol.
well said

I would think you want a 12,000lb at least. I was told the pulling power should always be double the weight of the truck.
Maybe search for a local welder/fabrication shop and have them cut out or build a mount, to hold the style you choose. That is one of the big reasons I have waited for a new front end. They just don't have but a few choices available right now. I plan to wait another year or 2 to let the aftermarket catch up with the design cause I've seen some sweet looking front end set ups on some of the older model Silverados around here.

Most Member Reactions

Back