Windshield

YYCZR2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace their front glass that has the HUD option? Im guessing it will be expensive...

Reactions: AXE
I had to do 2 on my 2021 LTZ with HUD glass, the OEM glass was about $750 installed and programmed in Texas

*That said, OEM glass required a 2 or 3 week wait
Thanks Koppster. Figured as much. Similar with my ZL1.

Has anyone had to replace their front glass that has the HUD option? Im guessing it will be expensive...
I've done previous vehicles with simpler HUD system glass. I used a Pilkington Brand, which was supposedly the supplier for GM. It was about $400 and I had a local guy who was independent installer do the work. The big name installers suck and charge more. Safelite does more damage than they correct...... morons.

Mine got hit by a rock from a semi last month and it cracked the length of the glass. Stopped by Safelite and the quote was just over a grand.

Run from Safelite, they horrible service and incompetent techs. They broke my kid's glass that had a tiny chip in it. I've had 20 chips like that fixed in the past. He said he seen the guy lean on it and could see his handprint over the chip. Fucking crooks......I went down there and chewed their asses up and down. Their corporate goons offered me a $50 discount. They can fuck right off, cause I paid my guy $400 to do it right. They are owned by a foreign corporation now too.

Run from Safelite, they horrible service and incompetent techs. They broke my kid's glass that had a tiny chip in it. I've had 20 chips like that fixed in the past. He said he seen the guy lean on it and could see his handprint over the chip. Fucking crooks......I went down there and chewed their asses up and down. Their corporate goons offered me a $50 discount. They can fuck right off, cause I paid my guy $400 to do it right. They are owned by a foreign corporation now too.
100% agree...much better options than Safelite

I've had good luck with Glass America if in your area

I have found that the smaller "mom-pop" shops do an awesome job. Plenty of options in most all markets.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back