Winter tires

YYCZR2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running winter tires on their ZR2. Looking for any suggestions on brand and sizing. May also consider different rims for a winter set up

Last edited:
I'm interested in this topic.

We live in a valley so we don't get as much snow compared to higher elevations.

This is my 2nd winter in Utah and I'm wondering which vehicle is best to take out - ZR2 w/ stock tires or GX with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac.

We were caught in a storm last year and I did OK with the GX, but I did slip and slide slightly a couple times.

I did some research and Bridgestone Blizzak seems to be the best rated and BFG AT seems to perform very well as well.

I've been running winter wheels and winter tires on mine and wife's vehicles over the last 15 years. There is the upfront cost, but the tires last twice as long for us since we the swap the wheel/tire with the seasons. This is what I'm running in the winter:

METHOD RACE WHEELS MR305 NV18 X9 6-139.70 18 BKMTXX
BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK LTLT275 /70 R18 125R E1 BSW
IMG_0545.jpeg
IMG_0546.jpeg

Is anyone running winter tires on their ZR2. Looking for any suggestions on brand and sizing. May also consider different rims for a winter set up
I'm right beside you in Saskatchewan. I've found the stock ones to be really good in the snow, and average on ice.

We are getting that blizzard right now and I'm about to head out in it. I have a 4 foot drift in front of my garage door at the moment.

My commuter car has actual ice tires on that are horrible in the snow. The best setup I've found would be a snow tire that you stud for the ice. But thats for city driving.

I drive 150km a day for work, so Im on the highway alot and just have an ice tire on my commuter car for that reason.

Agreed on that they are pretty good in snow and okay on ice. Hopefully winter will end soon.

Dedicated snow tires make a tremendous difference, even with a 4wd vehicle. There is a cost but as noted above, you get more wear from your regular tires. I have not put them on my full size Silverados but my wife's care (Blazer) and daughter's car (Jeep) get them every season. Not only do they get good traction forward but they are a drastic improvement in STOPPING and TURNING!

Most Member Reactions

Back