ZR2 AUDIO CUT OUT/ ADDING ZR2 splash art on start up resolved.

shadyemx

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ZR2 Silverado. Biggest concern was audio cutting in and out during the first 10-15 minutes of driving. Second was not having that special ZR2 splash art on the instrument cluster at start up. The 2023 and up models have them, why can’t I?

I’ve taken this vehicle in several times for the audio issue and no one can help besides “updating software or doing a FR”. The issue remained.

I finally got a master tech who not only corrected all the issues, but he documented his responses that I will post in screen shots. The audio is now FIXED, I have the ZR2 logo on start. I also got an added bonus and the cameras remain on while driving which makes it perfect for off roading and checking clearance. No more timer then the camera shuts off.

I initiated the conversation with the dealer stating the same audio story, but adding that I did have the ZR2 splash and it just went away after an OTA update (even though I never had it). I made it a point to have them “put it back to what it was”. Then the master tech came into picture. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 390
Thank you Shadyemx for being so persistent and diligent - and kudos to your Master Tech

Reactions: AXE
I have a 2022 ZR2 Silverado. Biggest concern was audio cutting in and out during the first 10-15 minutes of driving. Second was not having that special ZR2 splash art on the instrument cluster at start up. The 2023 and up models have them, why can’t I?

I’ve taken this vehicle in several times for the audio issue and no one can help besides “updating software or doing a FR”. The issue remained.

I finally got a master tech who not only corrected all the issues, but he documented his responses that I will post in screen shots. The audio is now FIXED, I have the ZR2 logo on start. I also got an added bonus and the cameras remain on while driving which makes it perfect for off roading and checking clearance. No more timer then the camera shuts off.

I initiated the conversation with the dealer stating the same audio story, but adding that I did have the ZR2 splash and it just went away after an OTA update (even though I never had it). I made it a point to have them “put it back to what it was”. Then the master tech came into picture. Good luck!
i guess there are skilled techs and not just parts changers. buy that guy a beer.

My 22 ZR2 is doing the same thing. Audio is sketchy as hell. Had it to 2 different GM dealerships. Both put their "best tech" on it. Works for a few weeks then either dies or the volume goes to 10 and stays there. All they do is 'reprogram' it. It is getting frustrating now. Not sure what else to do.

My 22 ZR2 is doing the same thing. Audio is sketchy as hell. Had it to 2 different GM dealerships. Both put their "best tech" on it. Works for a few weeks then either dies or the volume goes to 10 and stays there. All they do is 'reprogram' it. It is getting frustrating now. Not sure what else to do.
Yea I had same issues. Even my ac fan would turn down. Luckily it all stopped. I would try sending the info in the picture I posted to them next time if you go. Maybe that’ll help them

Is your audio still no cutting out since you posted? I just received my rear park assist recall. I’m going take in the picture you posted a see what they can do about the audio.

I was in for a free oil change last month. Dealer wouldn’t do anything unless a recall existed.

Is your audio still no cutting out since you posted? I just received my rear park assist recall. I’m going take in the picture you posted a see what they can do about the audio.

I was in for a free oil change last month. Dealer wouldn’t do anything unless a recall existed.
keep us up to date..

No issues since I brought it in. Running much better

I got my recall/retrofit for the rear park assist. Disappointed in the service department where I bought my ZR2 after to visits. I called them about the recall/retrofit. They said if they get the parts in they would save one for me. I wasn't happy with there response so I called a dealer closer to me. Very friendly and they ordered my part and said they would look at the radio and cluster per what you posted.

Biggest issue facing most dealers is they are full of mechanics that now have to be “Techs”.

You can’t diagnose an electrical problem in an hour anymore because you have 5 modules involved with the same function.

Most of the training is at the employees choice and unpaid unless the dealer agrees to foot the bill.

The automotive industry is in serious trouble trying to locate warm bodies that are not knocking on retirement and have an interest to learn and grow.

I blame the schools mainly for cutting out shop and automotive. You can make damn good money in those fields. Without a gender studies degree.

i guess there are skilled techs and not just parts changers. buy that guy a beer.
I guess not many dealers want to pay the bill for training their techs. They think it is cheaper to throw the customer a bone by telling them something to make them think the issues were handled properly.

Biggest issue facing most dealers is they are full of mechanics that now have to be “Techs”.

You can’t diagnose an electrical problem in an hour anymore because you have 5 modules involved with the same function.

Most of the training is at the employees choice and unpaid unless the dealer agrees to foot the bill.

The automotive industry is in serious trouble trying to locate warm bodies that are not knocking on retirement and have an interest to learn and grow.

I blame the schools mainly for cutting out shop and automotive. You can make damn good money in those fields. Without a gender studies degree.
My neighbors kid is a transmission mechanic at out local Chevy dealer here in Naples Florida(Hendricks Chevrolet) and he rakes in over 125K a year. Not too shabby for a 24 year old kid. He's already driving a C8 Vette and picking up hot babes all the time, lol

My neighbors kid is a transmission mechanic at out local Chevy dealer here in Naples Florida(Hendricks Chevrolet) and he rakes in over 125K a year. Not too shabby for a 24 year old kid. He's already driving a C8 Vette and picking up hot babes all the time, lol
i like that kid.

Reactions: AXE
Are you sure he's not supplementing that with something else? Not many dealership mechanics making anywhere near that kind of money or even coming close to $75K.

I went to the dealership yesterday 10/19/23 for the oil change and showed my service advisor the post with the download code that was posted on here will re-attach, and so far no audio dropouts. My only concern is will it stay fixed after the next update.

Attachments

• IMG_3813.png
    IMG_3813.png
    232.5 KB · Views: 57
I went to the dealership yesterday 10/19/23 for the oil change and showed my service advisor the post with the download code that was posted on here will re-attach, and so far no audio dropouts. My only concern is will it stay fixed after the next update.
how long did you wait for download? dont forget post RO notes and codes. thanks

Are you sure he's not supplementing that with something else? Not many dealership mechanics making anywhere near that kind of money or even coming close to $75K.
I was talking to my neighbors kid today, Brad is his name, he was telling me he does lot's of customer pay jobs like transmission service, transfer case service and since he already has the vehicle up on the lift he will also do the tire rotations and engine oil/filter service. Naples Florida where we are at is a very upscale, affluent area were folks don't mind spending the money. He has a good friend that is a technician at ferrari of Naple and he is pulling in close to 200K a year. Houses in the area surround the dealerships start at around 5 to 6 million to over 50 million. The area is called Port Royal Naples. Google real estate in that area for sale and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks OP, will have them flash this in when I have them fix my trailer brake warranty issue. (y)

Most Member Reactions

Back