ZR2 Puddle lights

Morpheus

Founding Member
Reaction score
How are the puddle lights on your trucks, lights under the mirrors pointing down? I've had mine at the dealer a couple of times now for the front collision avoidance(which still isn't fixed) and asked them to look at the puddle light while it's there. They've come back every time saying they are working as designed. At night you can't even tell they're on unless I put my hand directly under the mirror and then I see some light shine on my hand but it doesn't make it to the ground.

It's hard to believe this is how it is suppose to be.

I don't have my ZR2 yet to verify, but they are pretty bright on my 2017 Silverado and definitely make it to the ground. So, I would say you are correct, that's not how it should be.

Just another piss poor attempt by Chevy to give a peak and not the full monty. Would love a pubble light that shot out the ZR2 logo, best I can find is the bowtie puddle light.... MEH....
Found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Avmtokar-Rearview-Courtesy-Projection-Chevrolet/dp/B0CKP7KH3Y/ref=sr_1_13?crid=1733EQQ2V8HCD&keywords=chevy,+zr2,+puddle+light+kit&qid=1707272941&sprefix=chevy,+zr2,+puddle+light+kit,aps,115&sr=8-13&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&th=1

And here we have some ultra cheap crap if you fancy: You figure IF it can be made in this manner why not in the device that replaces the OEM crap....

I KNOW! The cheap stuff is garbage... I would not go there. Just sayin...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: AXE
How are the puddle lights on your trucks, lights under the mirrors pointing down? I've had mine at the dealer a couple of times now for the front collision avoidance(which still isn't fixed) and asked them to look at the puddle light while it's there. They've come back every time saying they are working as designed. At night you can't even tell they're on unless I put my hand directly under the mirror and then I see some light shine on my hand but it doesn't make it to the ground.

I do t really notice mine on the ground. With the lights feom the AMP steps, they are more or less washed out. I don't think they are very bright at all.

I have the at4x but I experienced similar issue with my puddle lights and I had them install the newest update for an unrelated issue and the update made the puddle lights much much brighter. I don’t know why or how the update fixed the lights but it was night and day difference after the software update.

What software update?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240131_084503_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240131_084503_Chrome.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 25
Unfortunately I don’t know. It was about a year ago. Since then I’ve had a few updates. If I remember right, it was when I had it updated with the new boot up screen to show at4x instead of the generic at4. That fixed the lights. The software updates on these vehicles are a pain and seem to have different results vehicle to vehicle. Plus the dealerships don’t seem to be on the same page when it comes to knowing what’s new and available. I would take it in and ask them to download the newest update. Beware though, sometimes new updates on these things fix one thing and break others…

mine work fine. i can see a light on the street at night. they have specialty lamps that show GM logo. im gonna say you may have issue if you cant see them.

Mine work pretty good, maybe it is the white truck that helps a little, and once all the other lights come on it doesn't seem as dramatic, but for about 2 seconds they are the only things on before the headlights and tail lights all come on and the ground is plenty visible until then under them, but I wouldn't call them super bright.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back