100k paper weight

Bigrig520

Reaction score
Hey guys or girls or whatever the case might be these days, need some words of encouragement today! I’ve been a ford guy my hole life and have bought new my hole life because I hate truck problems and I’ve done very good at avoiding them I normally trade up 3-4 years in. But I thought I would stray from the flock and get into a new zr2 Silverado fully loaded beautiful truck I’m from Ontario canada so I will be talking in KMS so I picked the truck up drove to my local PPF shop to get some panels wrapped and pin strip put on and ceramic coating done they had it for a week I picked it up and on the drive home 50km or so the transfer case was making a grinding noise next day back to the dealer long story short week no truck new transfer case installed.. everyone was very sorry.. whatever!!! So now it’s week 5 of ownership and the engine has blown I’m mean the engine light didn’t even come on.. they have to remove the engine on my new truck oh I have less then 2500kms so in miles that is about 1500 miles thoughts anyone??

Hey guys or girls or whatever the case might be these days, need some words of encouragement today! I’ve been a ford guy my hole life and have bought new my hole life because I hate truck problems and I’ve done very good at avoiding them I normally trade up 3-4 years in. But I thought I would stray from the flock and get into a new zr2 Silverado fully loaded beautiful truck I’m from Ontario canada so I will be talking in KMS so I picked the truck up drove to my local PPF shop to get some panels wrapped and pin strip put on and ceramic coating done they had it for a week I picked it up and on the drive home 50km or so the transfer case was making a grinding noise next day back to the dealer long story short week no truck new transfer case installed.. everyone was very sorry.. whatever!!! So now it’s week 5 of ownership and the engine has blown I’m mean the engine light didn’t even come on.. they have to remove the engine on my new truck oh I have less then 2500kms so in miles that is about 1500 miles thoughts anyone??
That's CRAZY! Unfortunately, not much you can do but to let them fix it. Once fixed, if it happens again, not knowing what Lemon Laws are in Canada, try to get a buy back.

Thanks, but are you sitting down??

There is no lemon laws in Canada…
Oh and one other problem is that I have sunk 15k in extras on the truck.
Diamond back hd cover
PPf wrap ceramic coating
Trailer towing air bags
Window tint
Reverse lights under back bumper
Pin stripping

So even if they gave me buy back options I lose out on that money..

Oh and one other problem is that I have sunk 15k in extras on the truck.
Diamond back hd cover
PPf wrap ceramic coating
Trailer towing air bags
Window tint
Reverse lights under back bumper
Pin stripping

So even if they gave me buy back options I lose out on that money..
Bigrig520, I'm sorry to hear about your issues.

Have you consulted with the dealer and asked for the issue to be escalated to the regional CCA rep? Especially if you are in a rental while they are doing work...

Customer Care & After-sales will usually go out of their way to ensure you are taken care of. 2 failures before your first lubrication dump is pretty severe. Start up a convo with your dealer, and maybe in passing mention that you are aware that GM is part of the CAMVAP program, and if you're not satisfied with their resolve, you'll be happy to start a claim.

Anyways - PM me if you'd like to talk, I may or may not have spent 8.5 years with GM in a previous life. Can't confirm or deny.

RiG

Reactions: AXE
Very sorry to hear about your problems. What a nightmare. It's a mental battle anytime you spend money on something new and have to deal with problems. Sounds like @R I G might be able to help you out. I sure hope he can!

Reactions: AXE
Bigrig520, I'm sorry to hear about your issues.

Have you consulted with the dealer and asked for the issue to be escalated to the regional CCA rep? Especially if you are in a rental while they are doing work...

Customer Care & After-sales will usually go out of their way to ensure you are taken care of. 2 failures before your first lubrication dump is pretty severe. Start up a convo with your dealer, and maybe in passing mention that you are aware that GM is part of the CAMVAP program, and if you're not satisfied with their resolve, you'll be happy to start a claim.

Anyways - PM me if you'd like to talk, I may or may not have spent 8.5 years with GM in a previous life. Can't confirm or deny.

RiG
This really sucks and I hope it is resolved soon.

This is some good advice and I hope it is resolved quickly and tonyour satisfaction.

You can start a claim with the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan if your dealership is not honoring your warranty

Hey guys thanks for all the positive feed back… I have set the wheels in motion with GM I’ve opened a case file with them. I want to see what there going to say in the couple days and I will take it from there, but we all know once you pull motor, transmission, it’s never the same and for them to say we will rebuild it… that will be the straw that breaks the camels back! I didn’t buy a truck with a rebuilt motor I bought new! So will see how it go’s and RIG I will be in touch. Thanks for your insight

Most Member Reactions

Back