17” Method 703 with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/Ts

Agreed. Just curious if it was possible to use them to step up.
The step that came with mine are a combo rock guard/step and I am VERY pleased with them. They are called Off-Road High Clearance Steps. Extremely rugged and solid and look like they've been sprayed with a Line-X type coating.

The step that came with mine are a combo rock guard/step and I am VERY pleased with them. They are called Off-Road High Clearance Steps. Extremely rugged and solid and look like they've been sprayed with a Line-X type coating.
I am familiar with those. They just stick out a little far for my liking.

I had a set of sliders on order from Rocky Road Outfitters until I found out you have to drill 16 holes in your frame to mount.

How do those rocker guards function as a step?
Agreed with security guy on this. You can definitely use them as steps, as they can easily take the weight, but they’re tucked in quite close to the body and give, maybe a couple inches of surface to step on. If you‘re looking for true steps I’d go with another option

I ran 1.5” spacers with my stock wheels and tires and had mild rubbing at max lock, both sides, but I’ve heard plenty of other owners running 1.5 spacers with zero rub. It definitely a YMMV situation. That being said, I have 1” spacers (that requires you to trim the OG wheel studs a couple centimeters) and my 285 wheels have zero offset and I have the exact level of rubbing as when I ran 1.5 spacers and stock wheels and tires. I think you can totally run 315 tires with no rubbing, as I’ve heard plenty of others on the forum running then with no issues. Adding a wheel with zero or more negative offset, not only will it most likely mildly rub, but you might have severe rubbing.
I’ll attach a video of Matt Ross’s YouTube channel where he puts some 34”+ tires that are wider than 295.
so your rubbing slightly with the 1' spacer? I ordered same size tires and have the methods with a -12 offset. I'm hoping for no rub at all. I Don't want to add a level kit. what you think?

so your rubbing slightly with the 1' spacer? I ordered same size tires and have the methods with a -12 offset. I'm hoping for no rub at all. I Don't want to add a level kit. what you think?
I think you might be ok. I’m no expert in any aspect in wheel spacing, but with my current set up which is zero offset with 1” spacers, I do get rub, and someone else mentioned that my set up is the equivalent of a -25 off set. So with -12 offset and no spacers, I think you should be ok. But, also keep in mind, from what I’ve been reading in these forum pages, it’s a case by case situation. Some people have 1.5” spacers with the stock wheels and tires and got no rub at all, where as when I had 1.5” spacers on my stock set up I got as much rub as I currently do, so your mileage may vary, as they say. Also; I currently have a 1” leveling kit and Dirt King upper control arms and it didn’t help my mild rubbing issues at all. So, subtle lift kits won’t help prevent rubbing, at least in my case.

I think you might be ok. I’m no expert in any aspect in wheel spacing, but with my current set up which is zero offset with 1” spacers, I do get rub, and someone else mentioned that my set up is the equivalent of a -25 off set. So with -12 offset and no spacers, I think you should be ok. But, also keep in mind, from what I’ve been reading in these forum pages, it’s a case by case situation. Some people have 1.5” spacers with the stock wheels and tires and got no rub at all, where as when I had 1.5” spacers on my stock set up I got as much rub as I currently do, so your mileage may vary, as they say. Also; I currently have a 1” leveling kit and Dirt King upper control arms and it didn’t help my mild rubbing issues at all. So, subtle lift kits won’t help prevent rubbing, at least in my case.
Mine did the same with 1" spacers and 2" level. Weird part was it was only driver side front on full lock reverse. It rubbed BAD. I pulled it all off until I decide exactly how I want to do it. Pretty sure I'm going to with 1.75" level and UCAs from rough country. I'll cut where needed then. My first set up, the UCAs from motofab were shit.

I’ve updated my truck with a Motofab
1" Front Leveling Lift Kit and Dirt King tubular upper control arms. Thus far I’m pretty happy with it, although it didn’t solve my rubbing issues in any way. Also, I needed to take it back to the dealership to get the alignment reworked because it was veering right, slightly. But that’s been fixed. Next up, 315/70R17 tires and an inner fender trim.

Attachments

• A45C538F-B790-477D-8080-BFDC34CF5447.jpeg
    A45C538F-B790-477D-8080-BFDC34CF5447.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 2D07EDF4-A96F-4FE8-B484-9D67179F7FF5.jpeg
    2D07EDF4-A96F-4FE8-B484-9D67179F7FF5.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 7866C55C-C7C9-4926-A511-8F54FAC73FD2.jpeg
    7866C55C-C7C9-4926-A511-8F54FAC73FD2.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 114
  • A572AD72-B171-41C7-9675-15551E358AF6.jpeg
    A572AD72-B171-41C7-9675-15551E358AF6.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 111
  • F77E7A8A-CB16-49C1-BD1E-E72B1BA385EC.jpeg
    F77E7A8A-CB16-49C1-BD1E-E72B1BA385EC.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: AXE
Beautiful color combo!

I want to confirm with you because when I called Method to confirm, when you plug in a 2022 or 2023 Silverado 1500 on their site, the 703 is not available due to our calipers not clearing the 703 rim model mold? I am only allowed the 704 or 701. You picked the 703 17 x 8.5 6x5.5 0 off set and it fit with zero issues? Thank you!

Beautiful color combo!

I want to confirm with you because when I called Method to confirm, when you plug in a 2022 or 2023 Silverado 1500 on their site, the 703 is not available due to our calipers not clearing the 703 rim model mold? I am only allowed the 704 or 701. You picked the 703 17 x 8.5 6x5.5 0 off set and it fit with zero issues? Thank you!
Yeah, they totally fit. And they fit even before I had spacers. That’s odd. I Will say, as an owner of the 703s, I wish I’d gotten a set with -12 offset, as that fills out the wheel wells perfectly without needing spacers. If I could pick again I’d get the 312s with their -12 offset. They look how I’ve been trying to get my truck to look by using spacers. This is a screenshot from the Pax Power video where they announced that they have Whipple superchargers for regular ZR2s (usually it’s part of their Jackal package they sell). It’s got a set of 312s on it.

Attachments

• 57BD3CF3-C332-4FA3-8B0A-A7288F050F6E.png
    57BD3CF3-C332-4FA3-8B0A-A7288F050F6E.png
    287.6 KB · Views: 174
Yeah, they totally fit. And they fit even before I had spacers. That’s odd. I Will say, as an owner of the 703s, I wish I’d gotten a set with -12 offset, as that fills out the wheel wells perfectly without needing spacers. If I could pick again I’d get the 312s with their -12 offset. They look how I’ve been trying to get my truck to look by using spacers. This is a screenshot from the Pax Power video where they announced that they have Whipple superchargers for regular ZR2s (usually it’s part of their Jackal package they sell). It’s got a set of 312s on it.
got cha got cha! Thank you for confirming with me, I did just order the 703's. I had it on my Tundra and i love that particular spoke look the best. I see what you mean about the 12 offset though, it does also look great. Will post some pics once I get the tires installed on the rims!

Do you happen to have any wheel, tire, suspension specs on that pax truck? I believe they may be using a stage 1 truck to advertise their SC only kit since stage 1 doesn't have the fenders. So it could be running a baja kits king setup. It still appears to have some rake so i dont think it is leveled much if any.

Do you happen to have any wheel, tire, suspension specs on that pax truck? I believe they may be using a stage 1 truck to advertise their SC only kit since stage 1 doesn't have the fenders. So it could be running a baja kits king setup. It still appears to have some rake so i dont think it is leveled much if any.
Sorry, I have no idea. Your guess sounds about right to me, though.

Would you ever post a few pics? I’m kinda liking to leave the rock guards on and adding the steps.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back