-18 Offset 20 inch wheels

jmw920

Reaction score
Anyone running new wheels that are 20 inches with -18 offset?
Im lookin at some fuel wheels and will run 285/60/20.

Anyone running this setup and if so is there rubbing?

Reactions: AXE
Anyone running new wheels that are 20 inches with -18 offset?
Im lookin at some fuel wheels and will run 285/60/20.

Anyone running this setup and if so is there rubbing?
I did a similar setup with 295s and -18 offset. There is virtually no way you can modify the stock setup without getting rubbing. The lower front bumper and the rear plastic fender guard are simply to narrow.

In my opinion, you can trim and modify now the right way, or tear it up and fix it later with a lot more agrivation.

You can view my detailed thread in the Wheels and Tires section. Mine turned out pretty well. I'm still adjusting clearance for the rear of front wheel well. I'm fairly satisfied with results.

So basically unless I go stock ill end up trimming. Reminds me of my toyota.
Stock wheel are what....+26 offset. Wonder if I go with a +1 would be less trimming or more.

So basically unless I go stock ill end up trimming. Reminds me of my toyota.
Stock wheel are what....+26 offset. Wonder if I go with a +1 would be less trimming or more.
I know with 1 inch spacers you are gonna have to trim lug studs a little too. A lot of guys have done 1.5 inch and it.looks pretty good, but they get some rubbing.

BORA makes custom spacers for about $250 a pair. Maybe 1.25 inch is the sweet spot.

I'd just trim and get the look and performance you want. It only hurts for a few minutes. I will say, the stock ride is tough to beat and my bigger stiffer Toyos aren't as plush.

I’m on stock wheels and rubber with 1.5” Bora spacers. I have no rub at all

I’m on stock wheels and rubber with 1.5” Bora spacers. I have no rub at all
Is that in your driveway or actually off-roading?

I could put 37s under there if I never drove it.

I tested a few setups and there is no way you're off-roading this thing with wider/taller tires or any type of wheel spacers that are 0 to negative offset. It's a good design for stock, but needs to be trimmed for any notable changes.

Last edited:
For reference, my truck sits 40.75 inches from ground to bottom of fender well in front and 41.25 inches in rear. My setup only added about 1/4 ride height at 37 psi.

Is that in your driveway or actually off-roading?

I could put 37s under there if I never drove it.

I tested a few setups and there is no way you're off-roading this thing with wider/taller tires or any type of wheel spacers that are 0 to negative offset. It's a good design for stock, but needs to be trimmed for any notable changes.
I hit a pretty solid line yesterday on a trail I drive often. I was doing what I normally would but one hole in particular was more rutted out than usual, so I was definitely going faster than I should have. I came completely out of my seat so I’d say it was a pretty good test lol. No rubbing occurred. I’m confident they won’t rub, but I suppose you can certainly disagree.

Yeah, they'll never rub going in a straight line, there's plenty of travel.

You start creeping around in technical stuff and cranking the wheel downhill when the suspension is loaded up and your leaving your shit on the trail and coming home to cut off whatever else is still hanging.

I'm just just being real, if you don't want to cut, leave it stock. It's a great ride and very capable stock. Only thing you get with bigger wheels/tires/offsets is a different look and compromised performance.

Everything looks good sitting in the driveway.

Attachments

• 20230221_132104.jpg
    20230221_132104.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 20230221_132003.jpg
    20230221_132003.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 20230220_202725.jpg
    20230220_202725.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 162

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts