2023 Chevy Silverado ZR2 Extremely Constrained Throughout The Model Year

wutang61

Founding Member
Reaction score
Not microchip nor supplier issues...they just don't want to take our money?!?!?! 😅

I talked to my dealer Friday and he said since they're such a small dealership the rep has doubts they'll be able to get a ZR2 this year. and you know the bigger dealers are going to think they've struck gold on the limited number of ZR2's. screw this noise for another 15k I can order a loaded to the max TRX so that's how I'm dealing with it.

I talked to my dealer Friday and he said since they're such a small dealership the rep has doubts they'll be able to get a ZR2 this year. and you know the bigger dealers are going to think they've struck gold on the limited number of ZR2's. screw this noise for another 15k I can order a loaded to the max TRX so that's how I'm dealing with it.
Agreed...and I really like these trucks as they aren't supercharged, normal width, lockers, etc for my personal needs in a truck for offgrid hunting, camping, hiking, etc...but at some point it simply doesn't make logical sense anymore

There are several dealers selling TRX's for 9-10k off MSRP. so a base model is about the same price as a Zr2. it goes up from there but one with more options than a ZR2 is high $80's. and you can have it in 3-6 months....maybe.

I like the ZR2 but if I can't get one it's a moot point.

The real headscratcher for me is the argument that "GM will get back to normal inventory models when chip and supplier issues are vetted out..."...and they are stating here that it's not chips or supplier issues. I realize this could simply be fake news from GM Authority as well but given this past year and the 6.2 unavailability issues, history would teach us it's likely true. Different times across the industry without question, be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Most Member Reactions

Back