2023 front license plate bracket

billwill81

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Silverado ZR2. Looking for the part number for the front license plate bracket. TIA

This is what came with mine.
1682264902979.png

That's it! I just received mine from a board member here!

Has anyone mounted one of these? I'm leery of drilling holes for the giant rivets that came with the plate holder.....

I live in Las Vegas, NV, but purchased my ZR2 from a dealer in California and they riveted a plate holder through the piece of trim that covers the tow hooks. I was furious! They had to do it according to law, because California has a 2 plate law. I tried to remove mine, but destroyed that piece of trim and had to get another one from the dealer. My local dealership parts department employee hooked me up though 👍 that particular peice has a core charge and the employee at the dealership told me just bring in the old piece that was broken and he would give me the new one for free. I just had to buy the clips to install it which were $6 or $8 each times six clips. Just an FYI that particular piece of trim is about $120. Just in case anyone needs to know.....Attached is a picture of the parts breakdown on the front end.

Attachments

• 16822826957233940264365661486567.jpg
    16822826957233940264365661486567.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 252
I live in Las Vegas, NV, but purchased my ZR2 from a dealer in California and they riveted a plate holder through the piece of trim that covers the tow hooks. I was furious! They had to do it according to law, because California has a 2 plate law. I tried to remove mine, but destroyed that piece of trim and had to get another one from the dealer. My local dealership parts department employee hooked me up though 👍 that particular peice has a core charge and the employee at the dealership told me just bring in the old piece that was broken and he would give me the new one for free. I just had to buy the clips to install it which were $6 or $8 each times six clips. Just an FYI that particular piece of trim is about $120. Just in case anyone needs to know.....Attached is a picture of the parts breakdown on the front end.
Did they use the correct plate holder?
I haven't held mine up to the bumper yet, but doubt that trim piece is the correct spot?!
The rivets that came with my holder are very big, similar to window glass rivets!

Did they use the correct plate holder?
I haven't held mine up to the bumper yet, but doubt that trim piece is the correct spot?!
The rivets that came with my holder are very big, similar to window glass rivets!
I don't know what holder they used, but yes, the rivet holes were huge. I messed with it for a while trying to remove it without damaging the trim before I broke a clip that holds the trim on. Even if I had managed to get it out without breaking anything it would've still had two big holes

I don't know what holder they used, but yes, the rivet holes were huge. I messed with it for a while trying to remove it without damaging the trim before I broke a clip that holds the trim on. Even if I had managed to get it out without breaking anything it would've still had two big holes
I just took my holder outta the package and held it up to the ZR2, and sure enough it would mount to that trim piece you mentioned.
I might just leave it off......

I can’t find it for less than $290 unless I am finding the wrong part number. I couldn’t locate this part on Chevy’s part site either. Any insight on the part number they ordered for you?

Here is what I found: https://www.gmpartsoutlet.com/p/che...--Bumper-Front--Lower/119658040/84879011.html

I’m picking up a front plate bracket at the dealership tomorrow I’ll let you know what they give me.
I’m also picking up either new bed rail caps or front pocket pop up tie downs because the dealership decided to cut open the front pocket holes when installing the new bed cover. I’m not sure why they did it but it ain’t staying that way.

Attachments

• DF62A474-E594-43DB-AB41-701A28C16E55.jpeg
    DF62A474-E594-43DB-AB41-701A28C16E55.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 78
That was stupid!
Yeah I was not happy when I picked it up but service was closed. When I called today they tried telling me it they needed to cut them to install the drains for the cover rails. Except they ran the drains out of the nose of the bed not the side.

They said the replacement accessory rail covers don’t say Chevrolet. So now I get to chose between the new blank rail covers or a set of the pop up tie downs in black.

I think I’ll go with the tie downs since you can keep them pressed down so they sit flat and it’s nice to have another tie down point. Plus I like how the rail covers say Chevrolet.

Yeah I was not happy when I picked it up but service was closed. When I called today they tried telling me it they needed to cut them to install the drains for the cover rails. Except they ran the drains out of the nose of the bed not the side.
The result of an untrained person doing an installation unsupervised.

Here are pictures of the part # for the front bracket I picked up this morning. And one picture of the new bed rail tie downs they are giving me to fix the fact they cut open the front pocket holes for no reason.

Attachments

• FFF35DDB-2166-4669-940C-324CEE4BC2D5.jpeg
    FFF35DDB-2166-4669-940C-324CEE4BC2D5.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 962D05E5-633C-4D9E-B621-6FF5F4238348.png
    962D05E5-633C-4D9E-B621-6FF5F4238348.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 8705F05E-2663-465B-A8A8-0C9FB487586A.jpeg
    8705F05E-2663-465B-A8A8-0C9FB487586A.jpeg
    412.4 KB · Views: 115
I’d like to know how to remove the front license plate holder.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back