2023 Hood scoop removal

wthzr2

Reaction score
Any one out there removed the fake hood scoop to wrap it? Any tips? Thx

Didn't remove - just wrap and tuck.

There are a few that have. The Search function is your friend.
Did a search. A few mention removal by the shop, but no details provided. Guess I’ll just pop the inner hood liner off and see what I find.

Any one out there removed the fake hood scoop to wrap it? Any tips? Thx
Looks like forum member "The Incredible Smurf" had his "bulge" and the 6.2 badge removed by the guys that applied the film.
Check out these fotos:
In this thread: https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/hood-scoop-sun-reflection.993/
No details on bulge removal given. When you find out how to do a "bulge-ectomy" let the rest of us know.

I took mine to a guy to have him wrap the hood in PPF. He took the cover off, wrapped it and the hood in PPF and re installed the scoop.

You have to take the noise dampening material off the hood and take off the clips. He guy who wrapped my truck, said it was a pain in the ass.

I took mine to a guy to have him wrap the hood in PPF. He took the cover off, wrapped it and the hood in PPF and re installed the scoop.

You have to take the noise dampening material off the hood and take off the clips. He guy who wrapped my truck, said it was a pain in the ass.
I eventually got mine off and it was a PITA. Took clip/trim removal tool and a LOT of trial and error. There are 8 or so 10mm nuts that are easy. Some clips easy, some buried and really difficult. U need an extra long trim tool.

Most Member Reactions

Back