Hood Scoop Sun Reflection

Installed a matte black sticker to the back of the hood scoop to kill the sun reflection.
Kills the annoying reflection when it is bright and sunny. Worth the $35.00 cost.
That's a great idea. Where did you get it?

I had the shop that did my PPF and ceramic coating add matte black there. Around same price and works well.

Funny, I just had that black piece wrapped in matte black yesterday. Not just the back portion though. I'll take some pictures. They did a great job. That reflection was a pain that I'm happy not to have to deal with anymore.

Hit it with some matte black PlastiDip........cheap and easy......lasts a long time.

Installed a matte black sticker to the back of the hood scoop to kill the sun reflection.
Kills the annoying reflection when it is bright and sunny. Worth the $35.00 cost.
im gonna have dealer paint my scoop body color when they fix the paint issue with the hood. lose the chrome 6.2l and go with 6.2l in black.

Noticed this on my first drive out last week - was blinded by the sun off the back of the scoop. Great idea.

Last edited:
PXL_20230414_212110891.jpg
PXL_20230414_212122978.jpg
PXL_20230414_212116748.jpg

It's so much nicer now in matte. I kept the funky area in gloss as an accent to tie the color together and to minimize the chance of bubbles or issues.

Last edited:
If you want to cut down on the glare, put a dash cover on the top of your dash. I got a Covercraft unit
for a ZR2 and it also makes a BIG difference! No doubt there are other dash covers out there by different
mfg. that will do the job also.

If you want to cut down on the glare, put a dash cover on the top of your dash. I got a Covercraft unit
for a ZR2 and it also makes a BIG difference! No doubt there are other dash covers out there by different
mfg. that will do the job also.
The shiney, gloss black plastic on the hood reflects the sun right at the driver when the sun is at certain angles. Unless the dash cover obscures that hood accent, it wouldn't help solve the issue unfortunately. Creative though.

That turned out awesome! Damned nice. Which film did you use? Did you remove the scoop? Did you R&R the 6.2L emblem? Thanks.
Thanks, I'm pleased with how it turned out. It was removed from the hood and the 6.2L emblems were removed before the wrap. I'm not sure what brand my guy used, but I can ask if you'd like.

Most Member Reactions

Back