2023 how to pull apart mirror harness

Jenbken

Reaction score
Hello.
Got a Gen5DIY harness for a radar detector. Pulled the plastic cover off behind the mirror.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to pull the plug apart with the red tab.

If anyone can give me the sanity back I'm losing trying to figure it out, I would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: AXE
The red tab slides up. You may need a small flathead screwdriver to slide it up. Then press down on the tab just above the red tab and pull. Should come apart fairly easy. To me, it was actually harder pulling the plastic cover off than the wire harness.

Hello.
Got a Gen5DIY harness for a radar detector. Pulled the plastic cover off behind the mirror.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to pull the plug apart with the red tab.

If anyone can give me the sanity back I'm losing trying to figure it out, I would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Maybe that's your signal to hire a professional ;)

The red tab slides up. You may need a small flathead screwdriver to slide it up. Then press down on the tab just above the red tab and pull. Should come apart fairly easy. To me, it was actually harder pulling the plastic cover off than the wire harness.
Thanks. Got it done! The screwdriver did the trick.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back