2023 ZR2 BLACK: Project KR-71

Truck is still at the dealer with the steering rack issue... 2 weeks and counting... absolutely brutal.

Oh, and I sold it. Moving over to the 3.0 Diesel in a Trail Boss for a bit.

Dream truck is Axe's 2500 ZR2 right now... but I need to lay low in a TB for a bit to get my points back up with my recreational coordinator...

View attachment 8783
mine has been there for 2 weeks tomorrow for the same issue, I honestly don't believe that is the issue as there have been too many other "electrical issues". So I think there is a computer/ ECM issue. Wait and see I guess. Never had these issues with any Rams I have owned.

mine has been there for 2 weeks tomorrow for the same issue, I honestly don't believe that is the issue as there have been too many other "electrical issues". So I think there is a computer/ ECM issue. Wait and see I guess. Never had these issues with any Rams I have owned.
Hey Mike,

I don't believe I reported this out to much, but while my ZR2 was getting the "steering issue" fixed, I went to the dealer to grab my plates, and tonneau cover + other goodies, as the dealer I did the trade in on, was kind enough to let me come pick up the new TB while the ZR2 was waiting for the steering column (on trade). A sweet deal, I know, and why I drive 203KM one way to purchase from him. (Spencer Chevrolet Cobourg, ON Canada - The Best)

Anyways, when I went to my truck in the back of the dealer lot, the fob didn't work.

Cool. I open driver door manually, no power at all. Ok, no big deal.

Go to open the tonneau cover... but can't open the electronic tail gate! FUCK...

So I pop the hood figuring they've disconnected the battery, and NOPE. Everything still connected.

So the ZR2 sat for over a month, waiting for a column, being bricked the entire time. Needless to say, something electrical was definitely going on there.

All I know, is it got fixed up, got moved to an auction house in Michigan, and I hope the next owner doesn't have Gizmo bouncing around in the system causing havoc.

Tend to agree with you. Electrical problem, 100%. The dealer did indicate they had trouble writing the new PN to the ECM/BCM and that's what caused the brick condition when I asked, FWIW.

Oh, and I learned how to break into a backflip MX4 tonneau cover with a straight blade children's hockey stick without causing any damage at all. These things are not secure folks, If I can do it in 7 mins, any asshole with ill intentions can get in there.

Cheers,

R I G

Hey Mike,

I don't believe I reported this out to much, but while my ZR2 was getting the "steering issue" fixed, I went to the dealer to grab my plates, and tonneau cover + other goodies, as the dealer I did the trade in on, was kind enough to let me come pick up the new TB while the ZR2 was waiting for the steering column (on trade). A sweet deal, I know, and why I drive 203KM one way to purchase from him. (Spencer Chevrolet Cobourg, ON Canada - The Best)

Anyways, when I went to my truck in the back of the dealer lot, the fob didn't work.

Cool. I open driver door manually, no power at all. Ok, no big deal.

Go to open the tonneau cover... but can't open the electronic tail gate! FUCK...

So I pop the hood figuring they've disconnected the battery, and NOPE. Everything still connected.

So the ZR2 sat for over a month, waiting for a column, being bricked the entire time. Needless to say, something electrical was definitely going on there.

All I know, is it got fixed up, got moved to an auction house in Michigan, and I hope the next owner doesn't have Gizmo bouncing around in the system causing havoc.

Tend to agree with you. Electrical problem, 100%. The dealer did indicate they had trouble writing the new PN to the ECM/BCM and that's what caused the brick condition when I asked, FWIW.

Oh, and I learned how to break into a backflip MX4 tonneau cover with a straight blade children's hockey stick without causing any damage at all. These things are not secure folks, If I can do it in 7 mins, any asshole with ill intentions can get in there.

Cheers,

R I G
RIG doing the hard work so criminals don't have to! An old Christian Brothers stick is the new crowbar!

Last edited:
Got the Bedrug done in the mint weather we're seeing here in Southern Ontario.

Before and After. Makes for a sweet surface to ... uh.. tailgate in. Axe, don't let the boys see this. :cool:
I have had the bed rug in a couple of trucks, have the same company's bed mat in my current ZR2

i took them out an used vht spray tint to tint let dry 60 min an reinstall

Got the Bedrug done in the mint weather we're seeing here in Southern Ontario.

Before and After. Makes for a sweet surface to ... uh.. tailgate in. Axe, don't let the boys see this. :cool:
i had min done on bottom an flex tail gate only

Most Member Reactions

Back