2023 ZR2 BLACK: Project KR-71

AXE - here's a shot this morning - definitely looks Phantom or ghosted - from a less is more perspective... I'm happy with it.

Cheers,

IMG_3074.jpeg

ZR2 WT Spec - for all of its faults, it's still the most useful vehicle I own.

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2820.jpeg
    IMG_2820.jpeg
    581.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2821.jpeg
    IMG_2821.jpeg
    641.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3125.jpeg
    IMG_3125.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3127.jpeg
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    434.4 KB · Views: 118
PhotoDump. Truck was filthy during these, but the golden hour helps out.

IMG_3470.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3478.jpeg
    IMG_3478.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3476.jpeg
    IMG_3476.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3472.jpeg
    IMG_3472.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 74
Still in Love with the ZR2. No fancy updates for things I've done to it.

IMG_4049.jpeg

BUT... I did have it at the dealer yesterday...

11,200KM on the truck. I noticed the steering starting to get lazy. Almost as if the power steering was failing. The result was increased resistance in the wheel, and it was noticeably different when turning from a 4-way stop, or backing into a driveway. About 2 days into this condition, the noise started - recorded here:

Once at the dealer, they informed me that a rack has been ordered, and not to drive it on any long trips and to avoid the highway. An appointment will be scheduled when the rack is in.

Hey, could be worse. I just hope the tech replaces it like it's his and not just a job. I'll keep you guys posted.

@projectkr71

UPDATE:

Rack isn't in yet. Still waiting on parts delivery... Should know more Friday when the ZL1 comes back from getting a fuel line issue dealt with.

Had it inside a Parking Garage in Niagara Falls for a conference last week - no issues with 7' clearance.

IMG_0320.jpeg

In other news... might flip over to the Colorado ZR2 - fell in love with the look.

Also might jump over to the '24 Tacoma TRD - Also fell in love.

I suppose it depends how much of a fight with my recreational coordinator I want to get into...

Talk me out of it.

I have a thud noise that happens frequently when backing up and turning the wheel hard, the truck jumps a tiny bit. Trying to figure out what that is. It is in 2wd.
11,200KM on the truck. I noticed the steering starting to get lazy. Almost as if the power steering was failing. The result was increased resistance in the wheel, and it was noticeably different when turning from a 4-way stop, or backing into a driveway. About 2 days into this condition, the noise started - recorded here:

Once at the dealer, they informed me that a rack has been ordered, and not to drive it on any long trips and to avoid the highway. An appointment will be scheduled when the rack is in.

Hey, could be worse. I just hope the tech replaces it like it's his and not just a job. I'll keep you guys posted.

@project

I have a thud noise that happens frequently when backing up and turning the wheel hard, the truck jumps a tiny bit. Trying to figure out what that is. It is in 2wd.
Hmmmm... new one for me. Haven't experienced that. Dealer visit?

Saw this guy parked on my way home from work. Had to get a side by side.

Impressively sized "mid size" truck.

My research indicates the Colorado ZR2 has another inch on the Denali... wild.

IMG_0792.jpeg

IMG_0793.jpeg

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back