2023 ZR2 BLACK: Project KR-71

Dropping my son off at school this morning...

Walked backwards to the front gate to drop him off :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0828.jpeg

She sure is pretty.

As this forum continue's to throttle my spending account, I couldn't resist linking up with Jim @ 42 stitches. As others have posted, his work on the embroidered headrests is second to none.

Planning ahead, and building in that I am installing the blackout ZR2 badges in the spring (weather needs to be fair) I asked Jim to do mine, but I wanted them to be unique. Pure custom.

View attachment 2130
View attachment 2131
View attachment 2132

I took a little inspiration from the re-design C8.R Jake logo, and incorporated Chevrolet performance divisions favourite mascot into the work, in blackout border, with Dark Gray interior.

It's not for everyone, but it's exactly what I had in mind.

PS only did the front DRV/PASS, nothing on the rears because the kids seats cover it anyway.
Curious what he charges for 2 headrests?

Thankful that this wrap keeps the glare down... 🤣

It's getting cold up here!
View attachment 8073
Had a few frosty days in ND like that. I just missed this early winter storm that dumped 1 foot snow. Not often you see that in October. My Dad was cussing it out when he sent this photo Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 25
were you get them tinted
Local tint shop. They do great work. I've since taken it off because it wasn't worth the hassle with some local law enforcement playing chicken with me. No thanks.

Love the look of this truck, where did you get the blackout kit for you emblems, part numbers?
OEM equipment is always preferred.

Get on the google and jump around: 87834896 - someone's usually got them on sale.

Truck is still at the dealer with the steering rack issue... 2 weeks and counting... absolutely brutal.

Oh, and I sold it. Moving over to the 3.0 Diesel in a Trail Boss for a bit.

Dream truck is Axe's 2500 ZR2 right now... but I need to lay low in a TB for a bit to get my points back up with my recreational coordinator...

IMG_0975.jpg

First Mod Was BFG 295/70R18 (Kept the factory Rims, and gave my tires to my father for his 23' LT)

IMG_2234.jpeg
IMG_2239.jpeg
IMG_2262.jpeg
IMG_2266.jpeg

Then I did some underhood dressup for shits n giggs. S&B including pipe straight to turbo inlet.

What a bitch to install near the firewall. God bless them in the YouTube video. Make it look so easy lol.

Before and After:
IMG_2435.jpeg
IMG_2447.jpeg

Then I did a subtle lift over the factory 2" with a strut spacer up front, and a 3" block out back.

The Rancho stuff isn't nearly as pretty as the DSSV, but the ride is just fine.

IMG_2661.jpeg
IMG_2660.jpeg
IMG_2657.jpeg

The extra 1" in the front and 1" in the back helped (in the front) to clearance the larger tires (34.3" over 32.1" factory Spec) I am also running 1.5" Spacers to have the stance it should have, which was causing contact on the plastic mud guard. I dropped those off for the RC delete kitt.

Results are right where I want it. Not bad considering I told her I was leaving it stock... :ROFLMAO:

img_2685-jpeg.10339
IMG_2693.jpeg
IMG_2695.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2685.jpeg
    IMG_2685.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 123

Most Member Reactions

Back