2024 ZR2 3.0 Diesel EPA mileage

Everything I have read, and seen, people are LOVING their 3.0L Babymax engines. I have yet to see a "bad" review of this motor (but I am confident that someone will find one and post it 😂 ) I am still on the fence whether to get another gasser or the 3.0 babymax. As much as I like the 2500HD Duramax, I think everyone has convinced me it's way more than what I need. I may look at the 2024 High Country Midnight Edition next along with the 2024 ZR2...still haven't made a decision as to what vehicle may be best moving forward. Wasn't planning to do anything until around Christmas anyway so plenty of time to change my mind 27 times.
Tim, on Pickup Trucks & SUV Talk, bought one early on and he really likes his.

Reactions: AXE
If you wore a skirt you may only have to place one order for a truck for it to get done
Dumbfucks just sent me another order update. Looks like it was accepted 10 days ago and changed three times since......WTF......still have no idea what the price is going to be....LMFAO

Last edited:
Dumbfucks just sent me another order update. Looks like it was accepted 10 days ago and changed three times since......WTF......still have no idea what the price is going to be....LMFAO
you should definitely try the skirt option

Skirt or not...i'll be the guinea pig for the forum. Dealer hit me up today that i've been talking to, they just got an allocation for a 1500 Zr2 w/ the 3.0 to be built with a targeted production period of Sept 18-24. I committed to it as a "sold" order in their system as I needed to do something tax wise this year anyway from a business perspective. They're going to consign my '22 1500 zr2 w/ the 6.2 as they have virtually no inventory so the sales guys seem motivated, I figured why not.

Ordered the exact same truck so it will be apples to apples (only modification I've done is the Borla Atak w/ resonator on current truck). I'll have probably 15-16K miles of completely normal driving with city and various trips from a coupe hours to one 12 hour one way road trip. I simply don't have the patience to hyper mileage, period. I'll get a "lifetime MPG" average and then report periodically on what I'm getting for a comparison.

Assuming all works out from here, should be interesting.

Skirt or not...i'll be the guinea pig for the forum. Dealer hit me up today that i've been talking to, they just got an allocation for a 1500 Zr2 w/ the 3.0 to be built with a targeted production period of Sept 18-24. I committed to it as a "sold" order in their system as I needed to do something tax wise this year anyway from a business perspective. They're going to consign my '22 1500 zr2 w/ the 6.2 as they have virtually no inventory so the sales guys seem motivated, I figured why not.

Ordered the exact same truck so it will be apples to apples (only modification I've done is the Borla Atak w/ resonator on current truck). I'll have probably 15-16K miles of completely normal driving with city and various trips from a coupe hours to one 12 hour one way road trip. I simply don't have the patience to hyper mileage, period. I'll get a "lifetime MPG" average and then report periodically on what I'm getting for a comparison.

Assuming all works out from here, should be interesting

Did you ever figure out the total mpg after trade in? Intersted to see what you got.

I have been at about 24-26 mpg on the "lie-O-meter" on the truck dash. Freeway driving it seems pretty consistent at about 25-26 mpg or so. I only have about 200 miles on the truck so take that into account.

I have been at about 24-26 mpg on the "lie-O-meter" on the truck dash. Freeway driving it seems pretty consistent at about 25-26 mpg or so. I only have about 200 miles on the truck so take that into account.
I'd be curious what your actual average is after a tank or two of normal driving. I get 21mpg pretty easily taking my kid to school or highway driving. But my actual average is more like 15. I kept up with my first 10k miles and it was 14.8. That was with some towing and a good amount of idling. For a 6.2 Zr2, I thought that was pretty good. Basically inline with EPA estimate.

I'd be curious what your actual average is after a tank or two of normal driving. I get 21mpg pretty easily taking my kid to school or highway driving. But my actual average is more like 15. I kept up with my first 10k miles and it was 14.8. That was with some towing and a good amount of idling. For a 6.2 Zr2, I thought that was pretty good. Basically inline with EPA estimate.

I have the 3.0 duramax so that is about the mileage I was expecting.

From my experience, the MPG reading in these trucks is pretty accurate. If it's off, it's not by a lot.

I have the 3.0 duramax so that is about the mileage I was expecting.
Yes I understand, I was saying it would be interesting to see what the average is over a full tank or two. Basically after mixed driving, Regens, ect.

Did you ever figure out the total mpg after trade in? Intersted to see what you got.
Just got it this week, I need to put some miles on it but will definitely let this group know. My ‘22 had a lifetime average of 14.9 mpg with 15,600 miles.

Interesting, my 6.2L has a lifetime average of 13.0 mpg, which is up from 11.8 mpg. It took 3000 miles of intestate/ highway to get it back to respectable......LOL.

I wish I would have gotten the 3.0 Duramax in my wife's Tahoe.

Attachments

• 20231026_121425.jpg
    20231026_121425.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 23

Most Member Reactions

Back