24 Bison 2500 AEV front light mounted Diode Dynamics 3" SAE Max Fogs

Bison 650

Reaction score
I have easily mounted two Diode Dynamic lights using the AEV openings on either side of the winch mount area. Only Diode Dynamics or Rigid mount brackets will work. The Baja Designs brackets only have one centered hole in the bracket. Utilizing the factory supplied mounting holes require off set side to side mounting as well as being high enough to correctly face the light in the opening. I had to remove the front skid plate, which wasn't too difficult. I only had to run wire from the bumper up to the engine bay where my SPod BantamX lighting controller is located. The DD lights have a cool backlight, so you can run the lights as bright fogs, or amber running lights day or night. With the BantamX you have the ability to flash or strobe the lights in any mode.

Attachments

• IMG_8349.JPG
    IMG_8349.JPG
    359 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8353.JPG
    IMG_8353.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8361.JPG
    IMG_8361.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8362.JPG
    IMG_8362.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8363.JPG
    IMG_8363.JPG
    479.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8364.jpg
    IMG_8364.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 78
Looks good! Seems like the tow hooks will block some of the light to the side.

Can these lights run amber and white without that bantam unit? I see some brands that do both, but I think they are knock offs with switches.

Last edited:
I have easily mounted two Diode Dynamic lights using the AEV openings on either side of the winch mount area. Only Diode Dynamics or Rigid mount brackets will work. The Baja Designs brackets only have one centered hole in the bracket. Utilizing the factory supplied mounting holes require off set side to side mounting as well as being high enough to correctly face the light in the opening. I had to remove the front skid plate, which wasn't too difficult. I only had to run wire from the bumper up to the engine bay where my SPod BantamX lighting controller is located. The DD lights have a cool backlight, so you can run the lights as bright fogs, or amber running lights day or night. With the BantamX you have the ability to flash or strobe the lights in any mode.
nice

Looks good! Seems like the tow hooks will block some of the light to the side.

Can these lights run amber and white without that antam unit? I see some brands that do both, but I think they are knock offs with switches.
Yes they can. Does not need the BantamX. They require two positives and one ground. DD includes a 3 way switch.

Yes they can. Does not need the BantamX. They require two positives and one ground. DD includes a 3 way switch.
Probably gonna order some can you post the specific part numbers for the lights you used and the harness? Thank you.

Did you have to run a wire through the firewall? I did my rears today, but ran out of daylight before getting my manual switch into the cab. Hadn't had a chance to see if there is a grommet I can run through or if I'm gonna have to come up through the floorboard like the AMP steps.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back