285/70R18 tires. Anyone using them?

I’m running this size in a Nitto Ridge Grappler - stock suspension, stock wheel, zero rubbing under any circumstances to date.
How do you like the tire? I was looking at the Toyo AT3 as well.

I’ve run those Toyos and the Ridge Grapplers on my HDs. I’ve probably put a hundred thousand miles in trucks with both tires. My experience has been the following…

They both seem to wear pretty well, I don’t run them bald as I drive too much in varied conditions but 45-50k miles seems pretty reasonable to me, especially if you rotate and maybe even want to push them a bit.

Ridge Grapplers performed much better off-road on the farm and hunting throughout the mid west - specifically, I was stuck 4 times in the Toyos (twice snow and twice in mud) and none so far in the Ridge Grapplers. Given the mileage and length of time using both tires across different trucks, I feel like that’s a pretty real world comparison. Maybe I was just unlucky in the Toyos but again, multiple trucks, lots of miles, etc so I don’t think so. Toyos on my 3500 SRW would break loose in rain occasionally with cruise set…I didn’t like that at all (probably not advised driving habits…shame on me, no issues with other tires)

I put the Ridge Grapplers on the 1500 zr2 to see how they do on this truck. No complaints since December with 5,500 miles. I just swapped the Toyos off my GMC HD and went with the Falken Wildpeaks at3w to see how they do this time around. I use that truck (3500 sing rear wheel primarily for pulling trailers and occasional road trips as it’s super comfortable). They seem like a solid option so far for an all terrain tire…if I don’t have issues, I may stick with them as they are snow rated as well.

Hope that helps, I’m no tire expert, just a dude that uses trucks in various conditions over a year

The Toyo AT3s are one of the most popular tires around these parts. I've never run them, as I opted for the more aggressive Toyo MTs and RT Trails and both have been good. As MO said, I could break them loose easy in wet roads. Never ran them much in snow, but my nephew said his weren't too good in snow and they wore fast on gravel roads that he travels daily. Mine would go 40-45k, but I usually sold them at 35k.

I put a set of those Falken Wildpeak tires on my boys Tacoma and for the money, they were one of the best tires I've rode and they look really good. Hardly looked used in 2 years. I had a guy tell me they wore really fast on his HD.

The Toyos RT Trails look good on my ZR2 and drive really nicely the first 10k miles. Haven't had a set long enough to comment on longevity.

Toyos are a premium tire and they usually balance up nicely and last a decent amount of time. I've never had a bad set.

I’ve run those Toyos and the Ridge Grapplers on my HDs. I’ve probably put a hundred thousand miles in trucks with both tires. My experience has been the following…

They both seem to wear pretty well, I don’t run them bald as I drive too much in varied conditions but 45-50k miles seems pretty reasonable to me, especially if you rotate and maybe even want to push them a bit.

Ridge Grapplers performed much better off-road on the farm and hunting throughout the mid west - specifically, I was stuck 4 times in the Toyos (twice snow and twice in mud) and none so far in the Ridge Grapplers. Given the mileage and length of time using both tires across different trucks, I feel like that’s a pretty real world comparison. Maybe I was just unlucky in the Toyos but again, multiple trucks, lots of miles, etc so I don’t think so. Toyos on my 3500 SRW would break loose in rain occasionally with cruise set…I didn’t like that at all (probably not advised driving habits…shame on me, no issues with other tires)

I put the Ridge Grapplers on the 1500 zr2 to see how they do on this truck. No complaints since December with 5,500 miles. I just swapped the Toyos off my GMC HD and went with the Falken Wildpeaks at3w to see how they do this time around. I use that truck (3500 sing rear wheel primarily for pulling trailers and occasional road trips as it’s super comfortable). They seem like a solid option so far for an all terrain tire…if I don’t have issues, I may stick with them as they are snow rated as well.

Hope that helps, I’m no tire expert, just a dude that uses trucks in various conditions over a year
good info

I’ve had them on for about a week, so far so good 😁

IMG_5574_Original.jpeg

Looks like it will be a better tire for 1500 and 2500HD trucks. I know guys that tried the AT3S ON HD trucks but they didn't last long due to the weight of trucks. If I lived where there was snow, this would be the tire I tried next.

Most Member Reactions

Back