Acceleration when parking

TsRZR2

Reaction score
Ok, here is a weird one; and I am still thinking it must be me somehow? Several times when pulling into a parking space, I get a sudden surge as if I just pressed the gas. Enough so that my wife says, "Whoa! What are you doing?' The first couple of times I just thought my foot must have touched the gas on the way to the brake. The problem with that theory is, it has never happened in 45+ years of driving.

Nope, you know when something like that is happening. It's a definite safety issue that needs to be addressed. At the very least documented, in case there's a mishap or worse.
Yep. See the other quote AmateurHour found. EXACTLY what I am getting! Appointment at dealer in the morning. We have a lot to discuss.

Nope, you know when something like that is happening. It's a definite safety issue that needs to be addressed. At the very least documented, in case there's a mishap or worse.
We have a 2023 (F150) limited did exactly this at work to a customer. Found the side of a building.

I have a frame on order.

Ok, here is a weird one; and I am still thinking it must be me somehow? Several times when pulling into a parking space, I get a sudden surge as if I just pressed the gas. Enough so that my wife says, "Whoa! What are you doing?' The first couple of times I just thought my foot must have touched the gas on the way to the brake. The problem with that theory is, it has never happened in 45+ years of driving.
Did you get this addressed via Chevrolet?

I have an HD ZR2 gas that has accelerated twice in the last 2 days. I was turning the wheel to the left while parking the truck each time this happened.

Check your hand placement when turning the wheel. I found that my hand was brushing the button to set the cruise control while maneuvering through a parking lot. The truck will default to 15mph if you going any slower than that.

I would also change the display on the DIC without realizing it too. I thought the truck was glitching out until I realized it was my big paws hitting buttons! I have adjusted my hand placement and have not had an issue sense.

If your truck does it again, pay attention to your DIC and see if the cruise control is activated before you smash on the brake.

Did you get this addressed via Chevrolet?

I have an HD ZR2 gas that has accelerated twice in the last 2 days. I was turning the wheel to the left while parking the truck each time this happened.
Yeah, there is a slight acceleration at strange times. I have also had it after turning into a driveway. One driveway I pull into goes uphill, so it is obvious there is an acceleration sometimes. Will pay more attention to see if my bear claws are accidentally hitting buttons like Bruss said.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back