Engine Surge

Koppster

Reaction score
My 6.2 engine surges from time to time. Only happens at very low speed, almost always when in a parking lot making a turn in to a space, etc.

Same thing happened with my 21 LTZ 5.3. Might be me but I have paid attention and have not observed anything I'm doing.

A little scary.

Thanks
Rick

Maybe expand a bit on “surge”? Noteworthy RPM jump? Brake slippage? Never had anything like this personally.

Maybe expand a bit on “surge”? Noteworthy RPM jump? Brake slippage? Never had anything like this personally.
The engine accelerates briefly, tends to surprise me when it happens. I don't believe my foot is on the gas when it happens.

have you had others try to park it to see if it’s consistently happening? If others see it repeat for them, then I would recommend a trip to the dealer so they can see it happen and begin to debug it. If it doesn’t happen to others…need to check brake/skinny pedal foot contact when parking my friend 😅

Mine does it at startup every now and then. Will rev up to 2000-2500 rpms for a second or 2 before it goes back down. Never done it out of park though

What kind of floor mats do you have? Make sure nothing is inhibiting your throttle pedal.

I will say that the throttle tuning of these trucks is heavily slanted towards economy. Big delays are built in to filter out “unintended user throttle input”.

As a result power delivery at slow speed can be Surge-y. I’d do anything to go back to a physical throttle cable in modern cars.

Anything for the CAFES and the tailpipe emissions.

Most Member Reactions

Back