ADD Front bumper coming soon

Fucking hell.

I really want this bumper, would be totally into it for maybe like $1800-$2000 (including the winch bracket).

$3200ish for front bumper and winch bracket is way too much. Who knows what they charge for shipping too, if it's not free. They've priced themselves out.

I'll live with my factory bumper.

$4200 for bumpers....no thanks.
That's a good deal! If you've ever fabbed metal, you appreciate the effort that it takes. Lots of time and materials. It'll really be the highest quality piece of trim on these cheaply built rigs.

I'm in the process of having my nephew fab these well heads for two new water wells. These are only half done, but there's about $1500 worth of steel in each one. Those stainless nipples on the bottom are $800 apiece.

I'll pay him $2000 for his time, because he's good at it and I like having him do my work.

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 32
That's a good deal! If you've ever fabbed metal, you appreciate the effort that it takes. Lots of time and materials. It'll really be the highest quality piece of trim on these cheaply built rigs.

The more they sell, the lower their cost would be. If they had front bumper for under $2k, they'd sell more than pricing it near $3k.

Heck, look at Ranch Hand - comparative Silverado bumper is $1600, so I might just as well wait until something else comes up (google MFC19HBMN ) . I'm willing to pay a few hundred more over Ranch Hand, not double that...

If they make one the refreshed at4’s I am definitely getting one. This looks very sleek , has winch capability , light bar capability , and tow hooks. Everything you can ask for it

The more they sell, the lower their cost would be. If they had front bumper for under $2k, they'd sell more than pricing it near $3k.

Heck, look at Ranch Hand - comparative Silverado bumper is $1600, so I might just as well wait until something else comes up (google MFC19HBMN ) . I'm willing to pay a few hundred more over Ranch Hand, not double that...
Ranch Hands are very utilitarian and crudely constructed. You aren't even in the same zip code with a Ranch Hand in terms of style, fit, and finish. If I want to bounce off cattle and deer on the high plains of Dakota, I'll run a Ranch Hand. If I want a nice looking bumper that functions for off-roading I'll get one like this.

There's virtually no market for ZR2 bumpers to get any economy of scale.

There's $1000 + worth of labor in each one of those bumpers. Not sure what you know about welders, but if they're worth a shit they'll make $50-100 hour and that doesn't include benefits.

Little pricey, but hey they are the only game in town for 1500s. I would bet when the AEV bumpers become available in the accessory store. They will the same or higher. And that bumper requires a winch mount kit and locks you in to one specific, rather pricey winch. 🤷

Little pricey, but hey they are the only game in town for 1500s. I would bet when the AEV bumpers become available in the accessory store. They will the same or higher. And that bumper requires a winch mount kit and locks you in to one specific, rather pricey winch. 🤷
I've looked the Bison bumpers and mounts over quite a bit. I know they are pricey to make. Doesn't bother me about the winch, cause they are mostly the same. What's still a head scratcher on the Bison is all the plastic trim and the light cut outs. That makes them cheap looking up close. I would bet if they sold Bison bumpers, it would be $2k for rear and $3k for front.

That ADD bumper is much nicer looking. Perhaps too off-roady in appearance for some.

Last edited:

I'm in the process of having my nephew fab these well heads for two new water wells. These are only half done, but there's about $1500 worth of steel in each one. Those stainless nipples on the bottom are $800 apiece.

I'll pay him $2000 for his time, because he's good at it and I like having him do my work.
DONZO........$3K worth of steel just to sit in a pasture. Fittings are stamped Made in USA
No ChiNa steel and that's sometimes hard to get nowadays.

Attachments

• 729287972(1).jpg
    729287972(1).jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 24
As I heard with the AEV bumper winch kit, ComeUp winch is the only one recommended and for other winches some kind of alteration is probably required.I t may be good idea for ADD to share what it support and not. But, their bumper design is definitely a head turning.

If I am going to buy, ADD is the one.

AEV parts for the Silverado ZR2 are not going to be sold separately because AEV sold the right to GM and they don’t want to sell them to the public. Only if you buy the Bison. It’s pretty stupid. There is a loophole but it’s a lot of work in my opinion. ADD is the way to go. You’ll pay the same anyways 🤷🏻‍♂️

I placed an order for a front and rear ADD bumper last week and got a tracking number this morning. I'm hoping I can find time to get them installed soon after they arrive.
Share pics when done. What color is your truck?

Most Member Reactions

Back