After OTA update Im noticing a lot more noise

rhoadesel

Reaction score
Im noticing a lot more noise in the dash sounds like relays and vent/blend doors etc. I started noticing it after the OTA update last week. Has anyone been able to figure out what this update actually was. I read is was just a base line to get everything ready for future updates for transmission shift learning.

Its pretty obvious there was more in it some are having issues with screens freezing bluetooth connectivity, and im getting a bunch of clicking and clacking after engine shut down.

I haven't noticed more then normal. My truck has always made all kinds of sounds. Open a door, it sounds like it's about to take off. I'll be out in the garage and just hear it doing stuff lol.

I suppose its possible i never really noticed all the transformers hiding out around the inside of the truck.

Mine clicks and clacks every time that I step into the garage with the fob in my pocket. Has done that since new.

My intellibeam headlight button has not worked since new but does now after the update.

Mine makes all sorts of noises in the garage as well. I have tracked it down to the active shutters in the grill opening/closing after I park it.

My intellibeam headlight button has not worked since new but does now after the update.

Mine makes all sorts of noises in the garage as well. I have tracked it down to the active shutters in the grill opening/closing after I park it.
Interested to know if it fixed the issue if you have the fog lights turned on, it disables auto high beams.

Interested to know if it fixed the issue if you have the fog lights turned on, it disables auto high beams.
I tried that out tonight to see... it did not. One thing that has happened though is my internet in the truck has quit working. I'm going to start a separate thread about that one... 🤬
🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

So for anyone who wants to fix this. It's not a defect, it's just what gm does. My uncle has a 2018. His fog lights do not work with highbeams and turning them on disables his automatic hi beams. Boost mobile sells a 23 dollar part that enables your fog lights anytime your high beams are on. Your automatic hi beams also still work. I put it on my truck last week. Works great.

So for anyone who wants to fix this. It's not a defect, it's just what gm does. My uncle has a 2018. His fog lights do not work with highbeams and turning them on disables his automatic hi beams. Boost mobile sells a 23 dollar part that enables your fog lights anytime your high beams are on. Your automatic hi beams also still work. I put it on my truck last week. Works great.
I did two of the BoostAuto mods for the headlights and fog lights. They’re real easy mods and BoostAuto provides great install videos.

Does this keep the fog lights on all the time? It's hard to tell from their website, but that's what it looks like.

Does this keep the fog lights on all the time? It's hard to tell from their website, but that's what it looks like.
I assume you’re asking about the BootAuto light mods.

Their fog light mod makes the fog lights come on whenever the parking lights or headlights are on. They also offer a six lights on mod that keeps the fog lights on with the high beams on. The intelibeam lights work with these mods too.

I assume you’re asking about the BootAuto light mods.

Their fog light mod makes the fog lights come on whenever the parking lights or headlights are on. They also offer a six lights on mod that keeps the fog lights on with the high beams on. The intelibeam lights work with these mods too.
You are correct. Thanks for the info, I’ll check it out.

I did the 6 light mod. So my fog lights come on with my hi beams and auto highbeams still work. You also can still turn on your fogs with the factory switch. So if you want them on with your low beams you can. If you do the fog lights on with parking lights, then your fog lights will basically always be on.

And yes you can add multiple. I did three lol. I have the 6 light, the rear cargo light and the mirror lights on with hight beams. The rear cargo light is awesome. They come on with reverse which is cool, but the real winner to me is when you hit unlock on your key fob your cargo light and in bed lights come on. Should be like that from the factory IMO.

I did the 6 light mod. So my fog lights come on with my hi beams and auto highbeams still work. You also can still turn on your fogs with the factory switch. So if you want them on with your low beams you can. If you do the fog lights on with parking lights, then your fog lights will basically always be on.

And yes you can add multiple. I did three lol. I have the 6 light, the rear cargo light and the mirror lights on with hight beams. The rear cargo light is awesome. They come on with reverse which is cool, but the real winner to me is when you hit unlock on your key fob your cargo light and in bed lights come on. Should be like that from the factory IMO.
Do you happen to know if this makes the multi-flex tailgate step lights come on when unlocking too? They only come on right now when you go into the cab and hit the cargo light switch, which seems like an oversight in my opinion. If I'm walking up to the truck, and going to the back end first to load something up, I want to be able to turn on those lights without setting down what I'm carrying, going to the cab to turn on the lights, and then going back to load stuff up that I've set down.

Do you happen to know if this makes the multi-flex tailgate step lights come on when unlocking too? They only come on right now when you go into the cab and hit the cargo light switch, which seems like an oversight in my opinion. If I'm walking up to the truck, and going to the back end first to load something up, I want to be able to turn on those lights without setting down what I'm carrying, going to the cab to turn on the lights, and then going back to load stuff up that I've set down.
Any lights that come on with that cargo light button on the dash will come on when you unlock your truck with the key fob. Even if the truck is already unlocked, hit the unlock button and they all come on. World of difference and yes I agree, it should be like that from the factory.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back